• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

side stand plate extension?

preyj

Reaction score
Visit site
Has any one put on a side stand plate extension? I am looking for a bit more surface area with the warm weather and fresh asphalt season approaching.

Jeff

Add a boot lace to it to loop over your handlebar. You'll never ride off and forget it and you can easily retrieve it after you've already gotten on the bike.

Even in the Florida heat I very rarely need a larger foot on the side stand so I've never looked into having one permanently attached. At first I just looked for something semi flat where I parked, but for the last 20 or so years I've used plates made just for that purpose. They typically have a small hole drilled in the edge to attach cord (like Mike Cash suggested), they take up next to no room in the frunk, and the best thing is I've never had to pay for one. A lot of insurance companies give them out as freebies. Most of mine came from insurance booths they set up during Daytona Bike Week or Biketoberfest, but I've also seen them in some insurance agent offices. If you have an insurance agent, as opposed to on line, stop by their office or call and see if they can hook you up.

Bob

I used two 1/8" pieces of alunimum plate, one on the bottom & one on the top. Drill about 6 holes holes thru both once you have it positioned the way you want it to fit & just install small screws thru the holes & tighten it down. I have done this on several bikes allowing me to use the side stand in dirt or very hot asphalt.

Add a boot lace to it to loop over your handlebar. You'll never ride off and forget it and you can easily retrieve it after you've already gotten on the bike.

Have one end tied to the plate, and the other end to something inside the trunk (maybe the rubber strap holding the non-existent tool kit in place). Use that thin para cord or whatever its called and you can close the trunk over the cord while parked. That way there's even less to remember.

Have one end tied to the plate, and the other end to something inside the trunk (maybe the rubber strap holding the non-existent tool kit in place). Use that thin para cord or whatever its called and you can close the trunk over the cord while parked. That way there's even less to remember.

It'll look great flying in the breeze behind you....if it doesn't get caught in the rear sprocket or go through the spokes and turn the rear wheel into a windlass,

There are good reasons to put the cord where it will be in your way when you go to ride the bike again.

Back