• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Throttle not closing

hoyden

Reaction score
Visit site
Rookie mistake but pulled right hand grip off without adjustment to the handlebars. Assuming stretched throttle cables. Reassembled and now throttle sticks open if held for any length of time.

Tried adjustment but I understand that the "B" (idle) cable at the engine just has a lock nut and no adjuster, whereas the "A" (open) cable has an adjuster at the engine and handle ends. Is it just a case of synching up B and then making "A" taught? Or is there something else to it?

Don't get how B doesn't require adjustment.

Will probably replace the cables but manual is not overly detailed. Is it just a case of fitting them or is there a sequence/nack to it?

Any help appreciated

Both of the cables can also be adjusted at the throttle body from the left side of the bike. The return cable is more of a safety feature so not really as critical for adjustment as long as it's not too tight.

Are you sure a cable is not pinched somewhere? Can you manually roll the throttle fully closed? Could the tube be sticking to the bar or jammed in the housing somehow?

The cables themselves are a PITA to install, the bike should be disassembled to route them correctly which is a large job in itself.

Both of the cables can also be adjusted at the throttle body from the left side of the bike. The return cable is more of a safety feature so not really as critical for adjustment as long as it's not too tight.

Are you sure a cable is not pinched somewhere? Can you manually roll the throttle fully closed? Could the tube be sticking to the bar or jammed in the housing somehow?

The cables themselves are a PITA to install, the bike should be disassembled to route them correctly which is a large job in itself.
Thanks for the information will double check the routing.
Thinking I may have to also sand the inside of the grip. Totally re: PITA have just finished disassembling. So return cable just has to be sinched up at the throttle - same for the accelerator I presume and then adjust/fine tune further up.

Back