• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Veteran's Day

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank You All!!!

I wanted to take a moment to thank those who are serving/have served our Country so selflessly. I know the cost of my freedom isn’t free and that it is only there due to the sacrifices made by each of you.

I also want to thank the families of those brave men and women as well. I know the sacrifice for you is just as great. If you have a son or relative that is currently list and deployed I pray that your soldier comes home safely to you.

I am also praying for those that have lost family members in service to our Country.

Happy Veteran’s Day!!!!

Toujour Pret.jpgI salute all veterans for the sacrifices they have made, make today and will make in the future. God bless America for the freedoms we have! Don't ever take them for granted and defend them to your death!
"Toujours Pret "(Always Ready)

Last edited:
View attachment 10009I salute all veterans for the sacrifices they have made, make today and will make in the future. God bless America for the freedoms we have! Don't ever take them for granted and defend them to your death!
"Toujours Pret "(Always Ready)

Were you in that unit while it was in Germany? I trained with them a few times. I think they eventually ended up getting reflagged to a different unit at Ft. Lewis, WA. I've been retitred for seven years now so I'm out of the loop.

Yes, 1973-76. Unit is not around now. I was in Bamberg and mostly doing border patrol at the time. I did not retire military. I decided to go back to college after my time was up. Now I think every young student should have at least a 2 year stint in military out of High School so they can learn discipline, honor and respect for our country.

Thank you to all the veterans out there!
Something my husband heard about the other day from another former squid: Govx.com If you're active or veteran, you can register and get deals on products of all types. Haven't found much motorcycle stuff on there, but they do have very good prices on Klim.

Good thread, Sarge :)

I never had the honour to serve myself, but my late father and late eldest brother did. This has always been a special day out of the calendar for me to set aside and be thankful to them, and all that do.

Yes, 1973-76. Unit is not around now. I was in Bamberg and mostly doing border patrol at the time. I did not retire military. I decided to go back to college after my time was up. Now I think every young student should have at least a 2 year stint in military out of High School so they can learn discipline, honor and respect for our country.

Hey I was in Schweinfurt about 20yrs later in the 1st I.D. On of my pals from basic went to Bamberg in 1/6FA. I was in 1/7FA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hey I was in Schweinfurt about 20yrs later in the 1st I.D. On of my pals from basic went to Bamberg in 1/6FA. I was in 1/7FA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have never been to Schweinfurt or Bamberg but I bet we have both been to Grafenwohr. I was in an airborne battalion in Vicenza, Itlay. We trained a lot in Grafenwohr and Hohenfels. I've taken several R&R trips to Nurnberg. I imagine you've been there too.

I have never been to Schweinfurt or Bamberg but I bet we have both been to Grafenwohr. I was in an airborne battalion in Vicenza, Itlay. We trained a lot in Grafenwohr and Hohenfels. I've taken several R&R trips to Nurnberg. I imagine you've been there too.

Cool. Yeah, I've been to Grafenwohr so many time I could still probably find my way around fifteen years later. I always hated going to Hohenfels, the weather was always so nasty there.
Used to go to the Green Goose in Nuremberg sometimes. Met my first one night stand at that bar. LOL

sent from a singars radio

Last edited:
Cool. Yeah, I've been to Grafenwohr so many time I could still probably find my way around fifteen years later. I always hated going to Hohenfels, the weather was always so nasty there.

I went to BNCOC there. My unit went there several times for CMTC. We were light infantry so the mud did suck. Stuck to your boots and you carried an extra 50lbs around with you. Good times. LOL

I went to BNCOC there. My unit went there several times for CMTC. We were light infantry so the mud did suck. Stuck to your boots and you carried an extra 50lbs around with you. Good times. LOL

I was in mechanized field artillery so we would have to not only clean all our bdu's, boots etc.. we also had to clean all the track vehicles and get the mud out from inside the road wheels under the howitzers. It was a very wet, cold and dirty job. But yeah, there were some good times.

Oh yea! LOL, Graf, Hof and Nurenberg (The Wall). Spent some time humping ammo at Graf and Hof and we won't even talk about the the humping in Nurenberg. I have not been back since I got out, but I think about taking my wife over and renting a BMW to ride through the country after I retire in a few years. I really want to visit Garmisch again, and maybe a trip up to Amsterdam. My favorite places for R&R.

Last edited:
Back