• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where to install lighter socket?

drseth

Reaction score
Visit site
I found these Marinco lighter sockets for less than $4.00 with free shipping. Here is the link: 12 Volt Receptacles

I am thinking about installing one in the not-a-tank and another one on the part of the not-a-tank between the handlebars and the lid, but am not sure if I have room underneath. Any suggestions?

Where in the not-a-tank is the location of the dealer-installed lighter socket?

I'm going to fit mine onto the panel that comes off to get access to the battery.
I'll be using mine to trickle the battery when not in use.

factory is in the side of the frunk.

20130114_165619_zps9068dfcf.jpg

I mounted one in the cubby, like the one in frozenpoets pic and another mounted on the handlebar. Both are rated at 15 amps.

Cycle gear as a good one thats waterproof and mounts on the handle bars and is under $20.I have one on my sidecar rig and it's working good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good deal, all you have to do is buy 25 of those and the shipping will be free but you can save even more if you buy one at wally world or auto zone for 10 bucks.

I see no use to install in the frunk, I use my so called smart phone for internet radio, gps, speedview, so my dual 12v plug is mounted under the speedo housing with double face tape and wired to the accessory harness, the 12v plugs come with weather caps incase of rainy weather. The rest of the wiring is in the same location as if you mounted it in the frunk. I use ear buds for the internet radio and gps and I actually can answer the phone while riding, I can hear the caller perfectly but the other end is a litte noisy they tell me, I usually say I will call back in a few minutes.

Thats a good deal, all you have to do is buy 25 of those and the shipping will be free but you can save even more if you buy one at wally world or auto zone for 10 bucks.

I see no use to install in the frunk, I use my so called smart phone for internet radio, gps, speedview, so my dual 12v plug is mounted under the speedo housing with double face tape and wired to the accessory harness, the 12v plugs come with weather caps incase of rainy weather. The rest of the wiring is in the same location as if you mounted it in the frunk. I use ear buds for the internet radio and gps and I actually can answer the phone while riding, I can hear the caller perfectly but the other end is a litte noisy they tell me, I usually say I will call back in a few minutes.

No shipping here,Cycle Gear is 2 miles away.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the accessory harnesse located? i just got my bike on Monday and havent started taking it apart yet. I ordered the Honda wiring kit and am hoping it comes with directions.

Back