• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where to put a fuze block?

Bug Dr.

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Centech AP2 on my ST and it really came in handy. On that bike, I placed it under the seat. For the NC I have two questions:

1. Where have those that have a fuze block placed it on the NC?

2. Which wire makes the best one to tap into for the trigger wire?

Thanks,
Mike

There's a super handy cavity on either side of the fank/frunk that only needs a phillips screw removed to access.

I'm actually looking into the second question right now. I'm looking for an on with engine running circuit to tie a fuse box relay to for my E-Farkles.

For question #2, IMHO the best and cleanest option is to buy the optional relay and sub-harness:

IMAG0143.jpg

They are not expensive and provide a clean solution. If you can find a connector like the one in the subharness you will need only the relay

For question #2, IMHO the best and cleanest option is to buy the optional relay and sub-harness:

IMAG0143.jpg

They are not expensive and provide a clean solution. If you can find a connector like the one in the subharness you will need only the relay

After doing research on this site last night I think that might be all I need. I am for sure going to get more lights, hook up my gps and possibly heated grips.

Will I be able to connect all of these to the connector? And, will I need a separate relay for the lights or will the one relay handle everything?

If I understand it correctly, Lee is using this relay as a trigger for his fuse block? That might be an easy option for a trigger. But, I'm thinking I might not even need an extra fuse block now.
Thanks for the help,
Mike

Yes, get the whole subharness and relay, it was made for all that you mention. it is an excellent setup with places for 4 connections. do a subharness search and you will find where you can get the 4 male connectors to make your connection factory style. I bought all 4 but I forget the website, it will be like 6 bucks for the pin connectors and plastic housings for all 4 to keep handy for future connections.

Ok, I got the subharness and relay. I know where to stick the relay but where can I find where to connect the subharness. I have the plastic off both sides now and I can't find an empty male end of a plug.

Thanks for the info. My next question was going to be about finding the pin connectors for my components. I will search for that stuff later.
Thanks again,
Mike

Wait a second, I have the subharness and the relay installed on my bike because I had my dealer install the power outlet. Are you tell me that I can hook up external components into that instead of 1) wiring directly to the battery or 2) buying a power distribution block?

Will these items hooked into the harness only run when the ignition is triggered, or at all times when hooked up?

I suck with electricity. What else do I need to know to use this set-up. Where do the fuses go?

Man I'm a noob.

The subharness connection was mounted on the bottom left side of my frunk toward the rear (I hope that is the one...it plugged in to the harness). It has four leads that you can plug up accessories, so I'm told. For a low cost bike this is a nice feature.

Unlike this freaking horrible tupperware. I just thought I had seen complex tupperware removal in the Honda ST 1300. Oh HELL no! This has got to be the worst bike I've owned to remove plastic and re-install......no, this is the worst bike. Hopefully, the second time will be easier.

Honda could learn a few tips from BMW for sure in plastic attatchment. I'm still cussing and ran out of beer waaaaaaaaay too early.
Mike

My 2011 CBR600RR Tupperware was much more difficult than the NC to remove. I find the NC's Tupperware to be moderate on a difficulty scale.

I had a Centech AP2 on my ST and it really came in handy. On that bike, I placed it under the seat. For the NC I have two questions:

1. Where have those that have a fuze block placed it on the NC?

2. Which wire makes the best one to tap into for the trigger wire?

Thanks,
Mike
If you use the Honda sub harness it is restricted to 7.5 amps so you won't be able to run a tire compressor for roadside repair but it will run the usual heated grips and GPS

This is how I did it.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/733-accessory-fuse-block-add.html

Last edited:
After looking at my subharness a little more closely it looks to my colorblind eyes that both wires are the same color. Is there a difference in color? I can get my wife to help me sort them out like she does with most of my clothes. If she didn't I'd probably be dressed like Frenchie the Pimp :cool:
Mike

I believe one is green and the other is green/gray 2 color. If I remember correctly the green is ground, use a test light to be sure. The 3 wire plug is for riding lights, the 3rd wire is to disable them to be on with hi beams but you can use the plug for something else, just don't use the 3rd wire.

I believe one is green and the other is green/gray 2 color. If I remember correctly the green is ground, use a test light to be sure. The 3 wire plug is for riding lights, the 3rd wire is to disable them to be on with hi beams but you can use the plug for something else, just don't use the 3rd wire.

Thanks. It looks like I will have to get my wife involved. She will be thrilled, I'm sure.
Mike

Back