• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which Continent are You On?

What Continent are You On?

• Total voters

phenamunan

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the most diverse forum I've been on and the thought occurred to me it would be fun to see where all you guys are.

I'm in North America, California, about an hour and a half south of San Francisco.

:D

Have you checked out the Member Map and installed yourself in there? ;)

This is the only Forum I've ever been on that has one, and it is cool to see where folks are "in real life" with a dot on a map. :)

I thought Japan was considered part of the Asian continent?

It may be geopolitically Asian and ethnically Asian, but speaking in strictly geographical terms, as a country composed entirely of islands it is not part of the continent. No more than Hawaii is a part of the North American continent. By definition, islands are not part of continents.

By Japanese or by a vote of all asians?

Not all Asians are in Asia. Not all in Asia are Asians.

Last edited:
It may be geopolitically Asian and ethnically Asian, but speaking in strictly geographical terms, as a country composed entirely of islands it is not part of the continent. No more than Hawaii is a part of the North American continent. By definition, islands are not part of continents.
As "Continental Europe" does not include the British Isles.

Why are we leaving out Antarctica? It's still summer there.

That depends on your definition of a continent... Some definitions include islands that are on or near the continental shelf (which I'm unsure how that would affect japan) and some models say that all land mass is a part of the nearest continent...

For that matter Europe and Asia always bothered me because the urals are mountains not an ocean... but reaing up on wikipedia it appears that some people do infact recongize eurasia as a single contient, appearently Japan is among them.

I've was never bothered as much by the break between north and south america (after all the panama canal divides them) or asia and africa (suez canal) but as they are not naturally occurring breaks, between the continents, some people don't even separate them.

But every break down recognizes Antarctica as a continent; except the olympics, they only look at populated continents, and lump the americas together.

I never realized this was such a contentious subject around the world... I bet cartographers have all kinds of bar fights over these types of things.

Next up, is the continent called Australia or Oceania...

I never realized this was such a contentious subject around the world... I bet cartographers have all kinds of bar fights over these types of things.
This is afterall a computer forum. We need things to pick apart and argue about. No where else can the definition of a continent compete with oil threads. ;)

This is afterall a computer forum. We need things to pick apart and argue about. No where else can the definition of a continent compete with oil threads. ;)

which continent does your oil come from?

</troll>
:)

lol at thread direction :D :trainwreck:

Poor phenamunan sitting back wondering what the heck is going on :confused: :rolleyes:

Dammit, I had to self edit a comment about suspecting a certain member of having Asperger's Syndrome. :p

SmileyConfuessed.jpg

Heck folks, when I am on my bike I have not a single clue as to where I am, much less with continent I am on.

That is the adventure!

9.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back