• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yep...another Texan

63surf

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy, all. Another hot day in central Texas. Went to look at an nc700 yesterday. Dealer said they've been flying out the door. The only thing he had available was an automatic still in the crate. Looked stunning, but I'll be in the market for the traditional 6 speed. The bike looked completely assembled in the crate, so I was perplexed by the $265 assembly charge they were quoting:confused:.
Anyway...seven months away from 50 years old and this will be my first bike. Finances dictate waiting until after the first of the year to make the purchase. Maybe it'll be a 2013 with standard ABS by then??? It'll be a great birthday present to myself.
A little about me...I'm a middle school teacher, (thank God for Jack Daniels!!!), have a 15 year old son and we're both avid surfers on the Texas coast when we can get away.
Glad to have found this place. Already learned A LOT from you guys and gals in the couple of weeks I've be lurking. Thanks! Thought I should finally introduce myself.

Welcome! It's a good place to learn, exchange ideas and share the experience. Glad to see the form growing. I have a feeling you'll really like the bike once you start to ride it. It's nimble, easy to handle, has a low center of gravity so you really don't notice the weight, fun to ride, and incredibly economical!

Haha, seems that way. When I got to the dealer to pick mine up, there was another couple there looking to do the same (they had to wait for it to be uncrated and assembled).

BTW, What's up with posting new threads? I posted something in the general area and it said something about moderator approval being needed? Read through the FAQ and didn't find anything about posting restrictions (unless I didn't look in the right area).

Howdy, all. Another hot day in central Texas. Went to look at an nc700 yesterday. Dealer said they've been flying out the door. The only thing he had available was an automatic still in the crate. Looked stunning, but I'll be in the market for the traditional 6 speed. The bike looked completely assembled in the crate, so I was perplexed by the $265 assembly charge they were quoting:confused:.
Anyway...seven months away from 50 years old and this will be my first bike. Finances dictate waiting until after the first of the year to make the purchase. Maybe it'll be a 2013 with standard ABS by then??? It'll be a great birthday present to myself.
A little about me...I'm a middle school teacher, (thank God for Jack Daniels!!!), have a 15 year old son and we're both avid surfers on the Texas coast when we can get away.
Glad to have found this place. Already learned A LOT from you guys and gals in the couple of weeks I've be lurking. Thanks! Thought I should finally introduce myself.

If you are in the Houston area, I can let you know who had the best deal and who has them in stock. Another Texan and another surfer?? Wow, what are the odds, especially for another texas surfeer (I'm usually out at Surfside on the rear occasion of waves. Haha...

Hey, tweak89. Thanks for the offer. I'm just north of San Antonio with about 4 Honda dealers around me. When the time comes in January/February, I'll hopefully find a good selection.
My son and I ususally surf the north jetty at Packery Channel on the southern tip of Mustang Island, between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi. Waves get good and clean in fall and winter. My stick is an old school 9'2" Anderson single fin, which I need to float this old bag of bones. My son tears it up on anything and everything. Sigh...to be 15 again!

Back