• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to get out. Took a 120-mile loop between Gig Harbor / Hood Canal / Shelton today. Beautiful Winter day, high 30's but I won't complain - much of the Country is frozen solid now. Nice Sunday AM ride.hood canal 1.jpgUnion 1.jpgunnamed.jpg

Rode to work for the first time this year. Fog has been keeping me from riding much, but today is windy and dry so I'm betting on no fog in the am when I have to ride home. Also not done today but I did do it in 2015, finally installed the IXIL exhaust that I bought from a member here. So far I like it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

With or without low volume inserts

Rode to work for the first time this year. Fog has been keeping me from riding much, but today is windy and dry so I'm betting on no fog in the am when I have to ride home. Also not done today but I did do it in 2015, finally installed the IXIL exhaust that I bought from a member here. So far I like it!
Are you running your IXIL slip on with or without the low volume inserts? How does the noise output with the inserts installed compare with the sound with the inserts removed? What do your neighbors or family think about the noise or lack of noise?
I like the looks of the canister.

I kept the inserts in when I installed it, was shipped that way to me. So far, only ridden it twice, the noise is minimal. It gives the bike a nice low rumble at idle almost like a quieter stock Harley. Last time when I rode it I asked my wife if she heard the bike when I came home and she said no, she didn't know I was home until the garage door opened. I work shift work and get home from work and leave the house at the wee hours of the morning so I don't want anything too loud. I haven't tried it without the inserts yet, not sure if I will anytime soon. I'm happy with it the way it is. It's got a nice rumble at idle and sounds good during acceleration, once at cruising speed I hardly notice it all.

My previous bike, a V-Rod with stock pipes and my German Shepherd knew when I was coming home from more than a block away. Even with the IXIL on she hasn't shown any signs of hearing me come home yet until I open the garage door.

Yesterday i rode my bike about 130 km. It was a beautiful day. 4-5 degrees C. I even got my friend to join in on his ER6-F :)

WP_20150222_15_17_42_Pro.jpg

Yes, my bike was very dirty. I washed it when i got back home :)

Last edited:
My club runs an annual ride that hits all 7 emirates in the UAE (a bit like states in the USA) in two days. I did it in one day again because I had to be back for work, and we had two days of lovely sand storms.
Sandy Road.jpgSandy NC700X.jpg

I push started my bike in the rain to get to work on time. I hadn't ridden it in a week and half and the battery drained. Sad wet day.

I push started my bike in the rain to get to work on time. I hadn't ridden it in a week and half and the battery drained. Sad wet day.

I guess that's one advantage of a manual transmission, huh? That's odd though. I haven't ridden the NC in at least 8 weeks and my battery charge is fine. Wonder what's up?

My USB charger has an led light on it that's on all the time. Wired straight to battery so I can charge stuff and lock it in the frunk.

Still gearing up, and finally got the right case for my phone. Water resistant and drop resistant, it is damn near bullet proof. No other way to put it. This case is massive. I tried the LifeProof Fre case, however it had nothing to protect the screen. Yes, it was water proof, but that screen hanging out alone while the phone is strapped onto a motorcycle just didn't have me feeling good. I needed something else. I looked for a while, and then, via a spam post on FaceBook, I found what I wanted, but was not willing to pay full price for. Lunatik Taktik Extreme. This thing is massive. Great shock protection and it is water resistant (good for rain, not meant to be submerged.) And it has Gorilla Glass screen protector built into the case. With an original price of $125, it is an expensive case. Even on their website, marked down to $75, it is still expensive. However, I got it for $16 +$5 for shipping from a website of overstock and such. Please contact me for the site.

Now, for a strong mount (RAM, most likely).

lunatik.png

On Saturday I received my Givi accessories order (from Sporttour.com) and installed them same day. Pics are from yesterday. Got the engine guard bars, rack assy with plate and the E470 case. I also got the stop light kit for the case but did not install it yet. After some experimenting I found that thanks to the Givi rack's support bars, I was able to use an old Dowco tail bag (part of the side bag system I use on my 750 Nighthawk for long hauls) over the rear seat. The nice part is that its easy to unbuckle straps on the right side, drape the bag over then fuel up easily.

I am truly grateful for this forum as it made installing the engine guard bars MUCH easier!

WP_20150222_001 (Medium).jpgWP_20150222_005 (Medium).jpgWP_20150222_006 (Medium).jpg

Gigs I am going to order this one.if you read it says nothing on when not in use so it won't run battery down.just a thought of help.http://m.bonanza.com/listings/Dual-...-3-1-A-12V-Socket-Plug-Outlet-Wires/228532783

Thanks. I'm not going to change it just need to ride more so it doesn't kill the battery. I have this one http://www.twistedthrottle.com/double-usb-port-with-wiring-harness it's nice. I guess I could just unplug it when I'm not riding for a week and half.

Did 16,000 maintenance on my bike. Oil, filter, valves, air filter, etc. One exhaust valve was a little tight, rest were right on nominal. Replaced chain and sprockets too.

Installed 2 front side turn signal light repeaters. It was a bit of a hassle to take off all the plastic to get to the proper wires but it worked:

[video=youtube_share;ItTiuKs4qn0]http://youtu.be/ItTiuKs4qn0[/video]

I want to add some repeaters to the back along with extra stop lights some time later.

Installed 2 front side turn signal light repeaters. It was a bit of a hassle to take off all the plastic to get to the proper wires but it worked:

I want to add some repeaters to the back along with extra stop lights some time later.

Cool :cool:

lol I wasn't expecting the side cowl to fall off like that :eek: :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back