• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Difference between NC700x and NC750X - New to this Forum

Rydinon

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a long time rider, but new to this forum. Been riding a VStrom, but it seems to be growing and gaining weight...perhaps due to my ageing. Before that I rode an ST1300 and a couple of Moto Guzzis. I do most all of my own maintenance on my bikes. I'm thinking of moving on to a Honda, and since the 700 is now out of production, I might end up with a 750. Which brings up my question:

What are the differences between the NC700x and NC750x - both DCT. I've been looking at specs online but I don't think numbers tell the whole story. Do the bikes handle the same? Is there a perceived weight difference? I would guess fuel consumption would be somewhat higher on the 750 (i.e. mpg would be lower), but that is not a major concern. Power is up significantly. Am I not asking the right questions?

I'm a long time rider, but new to this forum. Been riding a VStrom, but it seems to be growing and gaining weight...perhaps due to my ageing. Before that I rode an ST1300 and a couple of Moto Guzzis. I do most all of my own maintenance on my bikes. I'm thinking of moving on to a Honda, and since the 700 is now out of production, I might end up with a 750. Which brings up my question:

What are the differences between the NC700x and NC750x - both DCT. I've been looking at specs online but I don't think numbers tell the whole story. Do the bikes handle the same? Is there a perceived weight difference? I would guess fuel consumption would be somewhat higher on the 750 (i.e. mpg would be lower), but that is not a major concern. Power is up significantly. Am I not asking the right questions?
Since you are in the USA, I speak from the US market point of view. There is very little difference, in the big scheme of things. For pre ‘21 models, the frame, engine external dimensions, controls are the same between 700 and 750. From NC inception to present day, there are three versions of body work, but the body work does not relate directly to engine size. For example, in Canada, the NC750X was made with all three body styles over time. In the US, when the 750 came out, the bodywork was unchanged. The only difference you could notably see externally was the sticker below the seat said 750.

I think it was 2018 when the headlight went to LED instead of incandescent, so that did coincide with the US 750 introduction.

Honda claims the fuel economy for 700 vs 750 is nearly the same. The 750 does produce a little more power from it’s added 75cc. The displacement was gained by increasing the bore; the stroke is the same. People will have their opinions as to the feel of that added power, but in my test rides I didn’t find the difference especially notable. Weight and handling for pre ‘21 are virtually the same between 700 and 750.

The DCT got some minor tweaks at the 2016 year, but they don’t coincide with the displacement change. When you get to ‘21-‘24 models, they are all 750Xs but the frame and suspension are different than ‘12-‘20 models. I may be biased because I have the original 2012 NC700X, but I never felt any urge or saw incentives to replace it with a 750.
Welcome to the forum!

I'm in the opposite boat as 670cc in that I test rode an NC 700 when they first came out.

Then I borrowed my Nevada nephew's NC 700 to ride thru the Sierra Nevada mountains in Nevada and California, for an extended test ride.

DZSOBx1h.jpg

also test rode a buddy's 2019 NC 750,

4fEESxoh.jpg

but it wasn't until they made the changes to the NC 750 in 2021, particularly the lowered seat height, that I considered buying one. Once I could reach the ground on both sides then owning an NC became a possibility for me. For what it's worth I'm only 5'5 1/2" with a true 26" inseam ie: a munchkin

2ClhTNqh.jpg

Last edited:
BTW here are some of the changes made between the 2021 + and the 2020 and older NC's

Shorter suspension
larger frunk
lighter weight
more power
revised trans ratios 1,2,3, shorter 4,5,6 taller
led lights all around
throttle by wire
battery moved to rear of frunk
4 ride modes
Different instrumentation
Updated body work
Showa Dual Bending Valve front fork
New windscreen
new seat
larger fuel tank

Based on your post and the answers seen here. You'll want a 2021 or newer NC750X because it has a lower seat height and weighs less, if you are ok with the technology package.

I owned a 2013 700 and a 2018 750. I think the 750 feels more powerful and is more comfortable to me. Other than that there aren’t many differences.

Back