• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Electric mods

MB23

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I admit that I am completely ignorant of electrical engineering and mechanics, so I would like to ask you a question. On my NC750 '23 i have heated grips (OEM) and usb-c in the frunk (OEM).

Now I would like to buy also Fog Lights (OEM) and a CarPlay screen to use Google Maps.

My question: is it possible to connect 4 accessories? Would they consume too much power? Is it possible to connect the new accessories linked to the bike ignition (avoid draining the battery when the bike is off)?

Thanks

...My question: is it possible to connect 4 accessories? Would they consume too much power? ...
You should answer this question yourself. All electrical devices allowed for sale must have information on the amount of electricity consumed. Based on this, you design your additional electrical circuit to safely provide power. This means protecting electrical wires and connections against damaging loads. In short, against fire hazard.
You already have heated grips and you want to add fog lights. These two devices will consume most of the energy that you additionally need. The rule is that you do not turn on these devices before the engine is running, and this allows the alternator to start supplying energy.
The question of where to connect the new circuit cannot be answered without studying the wiring diagram specific to your motorcycle model.
How you connect will also depend on the amount of energy needed. Will it be a special power distribution module, quite commonly used but more expensive, or a separate electrical relay and connectors?
Final question: are you going to do it yourself?

The rule is that you do not turn on these devices before the engine is running, and this allows the alternator to start supplying energy.
The question of where to connect the new circuit cannot be answered without studying the wiring diagram specific to your motorcycle model.
How you connect will also depend on the amount of energy needed. Will it be a special power distribution module, quite commonly used but more expensive, or a separate electrical relay and connectors?
Final question: are you going to do it yourself?
Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry for my ignorance. I don't know the wiring diagram, and I couldn't interpret it anyway. The model is the NC750X ym 2023 if anyone has it.
I don't know how it will be connected precisely, I have no skills in this regard, in fact I obviously won't do this job, I was thinking of asking my dealer

... I'm sorry for my ignorance. I don't know the wiring diagram, and I couldn't interpret it anyway...
You never apologize for not knowing a specific topic or for asking questions. Apologize when you pretend to have knowledge and don't want to admit ignorance.
During my stay in Italy, I noticed quite a lot of motorcycle and scooter repair shops.
The modifications you want to make are quite common. But you certainly have a better idea of what services are available where you live.
I believe that many technicians in repair shops will know where and how to connect to the motorcycle's power circuit even without knowing the wiring diagram.
If you use a specialized power distribution module, there is a general manual provided by the manufacturer.
In the case of NC models, Honda gives access to an Optional connector that can be used to power the relay in the power distribution module. The main power supply can come from the same point as all fuses. The power module usually has separate fuses for the circuits connected to it.
Here are examples from 2021 NC750 wiring diagram.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 151455.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-12 151617.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-12 151930.jpg

Last edited:
In the case of NC models, Honda gives access to an Optional connector that can be used to power the relay in the power distribution module. The main power supply can come from the same point as all fuses. The power module usually has separate fuses for the circuits connected to it.
Thanks so much, a question: is it possible that this module has already been installed to have heated grips or usb-c port?

Thanks so much, a question: is it possible that this module has already been installed to have heated grips or usb-c port?
It's hard for me to answer this because I don't know the history of your motorcycle.
If heated grips and USB-C port were installed by the dealer as additional options, the OEM instructions probably did not require a special power module. Were they installed at your request?

Yes as i said were OEM (I mistakenly assumed they were installed by the dealership)

So if I understand correctly, Honda itself produces a module to connect other accessories?

...So if I understand correctly, Honda itself produces a module to connect other accessories?
I haven't heard of Honda using a power distribution module, but I could be wrong.
I only remember from the early years that I saw Honda instructions to connect heated grips to the Optional connectors.
Now I see in the 2021 installation manual for OEM heated grips that they are connected to Optional connectors 10P, 4P and 2P.
Similarly, the OEM USB Charger is also connected to the Optional 4P connector. So, the power module is not necessary. But when more accessories are installed, the power module is very helpful. But it depends on the will of the installer.
If your dealer installed these accessories, they should have provided you with installation instructions.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 220126.jpg

Last edited:
...Actually i did not find the power module there. Do you think it could be on honda bike parts?
My fault. I meant that on the Honda website you will find installation instructions for the accessories they installed for you at the dealer. That is, instructions for heated grips and USB charger.
I don't think Honda sells anything like a power distribution module or power hub or power fuse block. You have to look for it on the Internet or in stores that sell various accessories for motorcycles.
I can't recommend any of them because I haven't had the need to install anything like this.
Here is an example of one of many.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 205801.jpg

And one more:

Last edited:
Oh don't worry. Indeed, thank you for taking the time to answer me all this time. Now I have much clearer ideas

...Are you coming on a trip to Italy?
For me this is already a routine trip. When spring comes, I like to spend my time on the famous steps among the blooming azaleas or listening to the organ fountain under the wisteria. And that incredibly blue sky.

Which areas do you usually go to?
I thought it would be easy for you to guess. I'll give you some clues in the form of pictures.
In one photo, my wife, in a white hat, among the blooming azaleas, and in the other one, my wife waiting for a water organ concert. This is of course Rome and Villa d'Este.

IMG_1725 2.jpg

IMG_1020 2.jpg

Have a look online at the Centech and Fuzeblock power hubs. I've used both. About $100, easy to install right to the battery, has a built in relay, and you just wire the accessories to the hub, leaving your motorcycle's wiring basically untouched.

Back