• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handle Bar Risers

calbigbird

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking about putting on set of handle bar risers. I checked the mod forum and found the Rox risers seem to work well, but stretch the wires and brake hose a bit. Anyone found other brands that don't seem to have this issue?

I've been thinking about putting on set of handle bar risers. I checked the mod forum and found the Rox risers seem to work well, but stretch the wires and brake hose a bit. Anyone found other brands that don't seem to have this issue?

The only reason Rox can cause any potential cable/hose issues, is because they can be adjusted to a great degree. You don't have to adjust them to full up and back, but you can if you want to. That's the beauty of them.

With simple riser blocks that have no lateral adjustment, you are still limited to how high you can go, exactly the same as the Rox. Why pay the same or more, for ones you can't adjust if you want to?

I've got the Rox risers on my DCT. Very simple to install--even I could do it. No problem with wires or hoses being too short.

I only added 1" risers instead of the 2" risers and no adjustments needed for anything; I rotated the bars back about 1" or so and I am good to go; I am 5'10" with 32" inseam and 21" arm length from armpit to wrist.

Hey, have you read this entire thread? http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/3763-rox-risers-installed.html

I've got the 2" risers and I have mine leaning pretty far back without any issues. In the above thread you'll see advice on repositioning the grommet on the brake line which will give you more freedom to move the riser where needed. 670cc also mentions repalcing the brake line with a longer hose and all your worries are solved. It is pretty much as simple as repositioning the grommet and cutting a couple zipties to achieve more slack. Not much to it.

I only added 1" risers instead of the 2" risers and no adjustments needed for anything; I rotated the bars back about 1" or so and I am good to go; I am 5'10" with 32" inseam and 21" arm length from armpit to wrist.

Who is the manufacturer of your 1" risers?

I was under the impression the 1" risers rotated back like the Rox -- maybe not possible in something that short. Was just wondering...thanks all.

Fuzzy, I have a set of these 1.2 inch risers like ziggy has that I no longer use on the bike. I can bring them to SGT next week and you can check 'me out if you're planning to be there.

Fuzzy, I have a set of these 1.2 inch risers like ziggy has that I no longer use on the bike. I can bring them to SGT next week and you can check 'me out if you're planning to be there.

I have 2" ROX that I am happy with. Was just trying to understand Ziggy's comment.

I am currently in Texas helping a sick brother. Up in the air if I will make any of SGT. I will be very disappointed to miss the opportunity to meet other forum members face to face.

In the seat and windshield threads, we hear about people's height and inseam, and this helps us better understand how a farkle by a similarly sized rider would affect us on our own bikes.

Why is it that on the handlebar riser threads nobody ever posts their sleeve lengths?

Seriously, I read all the riser threads and get about halfway on fire to rush out and install risers on my bike. I sit on the bike and hold my hands in what I guesstimate is the up/back position risers would give me. And to be quite honest I am having a hard time imagining what all the hubbub is about, as I can't see what difference it would make. Maybe I just have long arms, but the stock position isn't a real reach for me and it certainly doesn't prevent me from sitting upright.

So is this mainly something for people with stubby arms? Or is there some benefit to using risers for everyone in general?

In the seat and windshield threads, we hear about people's height and inseam, and this helps us better understand how a farkle by a similarly sized rider would affect us on our own bikes.

Why is it that on the handlebar riser threads nobody ever posts their sleeve lengths?

Seriously, I read all the riser threads and get about halfway on fire to rush out and install risers on my bike. I sit on the bike and hold my hands in what I guesstimate is the up/back position risers would give me. And to be quite honest I am having a hard time imagining what all the hubbub is about, as I can't see what difference it would make. Maybe I just have long arms, but the stock position isn't a real reach for me and it certainly doesn't prevent me from sitting upright.

So is this mainly something for people with stubby arms? Or is there some benefit to using risers for everyone in general?
I think some of this is personal preference. My sons lay the seat back in their cars and have their arms stretched to reach the steering wheel. I am 6' 2" with 35" sleeve but I like to drive with seatback nearly vertical and my elbows bent. My son lked his Miata, but my head hit the roof. He is taller than me.

I would like my 2" risers longer to not feel like my arms are reaching, but that is me.

I honestly have no idea what length my sleeves are. I'm required to wear business casual at work but I always go the short sleeve route. Maybe it’s not mentioned because most people don't track that measurement. I just measured the sleeve on my jacked and it is 31" but they are a little baggy. I guess that puts me in the stubby category. LOL.

I won't sit here and say the risers were the best investment I made when modifying this bike. The stock bar position did not bother me that much but I was reaching forward a bit. Keep in mind I’ve rode nothing but sport bikes for 30 years. You also do not gain a full 2" towards the rider. My guess is it is close to 1". The other 1" is vertical. Others have theirs tilted further back than mine but I did not want to put any stress on the brake line. I do fell that my shoulders are not pulled forward as much and I like the bars being a bit higher. Was it a night and day improvement? NO. Do I like the difference it made? YES. I would do it over again knowing what I know now. In a nut shell, I feel like I may be sitting as close as I can get to straight up.

Back