• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

posting about bike problems

casualmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
When you create a thread asking for advice about a problem with your motorcycle, please take the time to come back to that post and inform us what the cause of/solution to the problem turned out to be. Otherwise the entire thing was useless to everyone who read it and tried to help you. In the future, someone will have the same problem and won't have that knowledge included in the post when they are trying to fix their machine. Thank you.

I think that happens for the most part but I take it you found a thread you needed some information from and it was not provided. If that is the case I'd throw a request on that thread asking for the outcome. If you just making a general statement I understand. I do agree with you. It is a good idea to add the fix to the thread if there was one.

I think that happens for the most part but I take it you found a thread you needed some information from and it was not provided. If that is the case I'd throw a request on that thread asking for the outcome. If you just making a general statement I understand. I do agree with you. It is a good idea to add the fix to the thread if there was one.

I know how he feels. It can suck to spend time replying in good faith to someone's request for help or questions, only to have them do a vanishing act and never bother responding to the thread again. You can only do that so many times before "No help for you!" or an indifferent attitude to help in general, creeps in.

Having said that though, people do have to realise everyone is not on the same time table as they are, and could be on holidays, or swamped at work, or simply away from their bike/problem and need to gather more info or fortitude to continue.

Fo me, the worst offenders are the guys who post up dozens of bizarre questions, with no real need or actual problem, but simply a one or two liner senseless topic that entered their brain and they felt obsessively compelled to post it. (The guy asking if NCX instrument panel faces were Hawk Talon-proof, just freaking slayed me...)

(The guy asking if NCX instrument panel faces were Hawk Talon-proof, just freaking slayed me...)

Why? Doesn't everyone have a hawk?

In the past, I have been on different websites and only needed one question answered. I would hardly ever be helped (even if I registered - which sometimes I didn't). If someone were to ask a question here - even on their first post - I feel they would get help. I like that.

Why? Doesn't everyone have a hawk?

In the past, I have been on different websites and only needed one question answered. I would hardly ever be helped (even if I registered - which sometimes I didn't). If someone were to ask a question here - even on their first post - I feel they would get help. I like that.

Yep. We even answer when the question has been asked for the eleventh time. :mad:

Just kiddin'. Sorta. . .

Last edited:
(The guy asking if NCX instrument panel faces were Hawk Talon-proof, just freaking slayed me...)

I missed that one! That's outstanding! Now I'll have to go search for that thread; I want to know whether our instrument panels are hawk-talon-proof, too!
:D

We need a section for stuff like that called Oldies but Goodies, Hall of Fame, or Rebels Without a Clue.

Thing is you can have a great FAQ and about 20% of newbies will read it.

It's good to have but rarely cuts down on the most common ones.

Mike

Thing is you can have a great FAQ and about 20% of newbies will read it.

It's good to have but rarely cuts down on the most common ones.

Mike

Agreed. But it makes it easy to answer their question. Just link them straight to the FAQ.

Couldn't agree more. Now taking volunteers to build one. ;)

I have some available time. I am willing to give it a shot.

The FZ1 forum I frequented before I bought the NC has a very complete FAQ sticky. It was invaluable. I was easy to reply with "look here".

What was that FZ1 forum? I would like to see examples of well done FAQ's to determine the best format.

There is already a FAQ section that is devoted to how to use the forum. Should we add bike FAQ's there, or do a sticky thread, or some other format? I am leaning toward a sticky thread that is highly moderated to limit sidetracks.

Last edited:
do what some forums do.
make some parts of the forum private.
even if they do join minimum post of 20 before they can post or read any private forums post.

I have some available time. I am willing to give it a shot.

What was that FZ1 forum? I would like to see examples of well done FAQ's to determine the best format.

There is already a FAQ section that is devoted to how to use the forum. Should we add bike FAQ's there, or do a sticky thread, or some other format? I am leaning toward a sticky thread that is highly moderated to limit sidetracks.

We could do a sticky thread that remains closed to the members-at-large but could be amended by the moderators when new material needs to be added.

Can just do a sticky, and edit the first post when new material is added. doesn't really matter how many replies there are if all the info is in the first post.

Can just do a sticky, and edit the first post when new material is added. doesn't really matter how many replies there are if all the info is in the first post.

Any thread on the forum, regardless of the original subject line, can easily migrate to guns, racism, bad jokes, where's Beemerphile?, etc., sometimes to the point of needing to be deleted. I vote for a closed thread.

Having a seperate thread would disconnect the possible banter which can develop anywhere from said thread. Items/info can always be placed in the thread i think.

Back