• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

10:1

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, my wife wanted to go look at Halloween decorations and to lunch. As I hadn't driven my truck in a while (2010 Honda Ridgeline), figured we'd take it. When I started it, the low tire pressure light came on for the left rear tire, so I pulled it over to the garage and topped off all 4, since all 4 were actually low. Left rear was just the lowest lol.

Anyhow when we got back home, I checked the odometer and it read 67,467. When I got in the house, I checked my calendar log to see what the odometer read on Jan 1st, which I always record at the beginning of the year. On Jan 1st it read 65,828.

Simple math 67,467 minus 65,828 gives you 1,639. So, this year I have driven my truck 1,639 miles.

My calendar also said as of yesterday, I had ridden my CB 1100 4,507 miles and my NC 750 12,360 miles so far this year for a total of 16,867 miles.

I've put a little over 10 times as many miles on the bikes, as on my truck so far this year.

Yep, I'm a motorcycle nut lol

Yesterday, my wife wanted to go look at Halloween decorations and to lunch. As I hadn't driven my truck in a while (2010 Honda Ridgeline), figured we'd take it. When I started it, the low tire pressure light came on for the left rear tire, so I pulled it over to the garage and topped off all 4, since all 4 were actually low. Left rear was just the lowest lol.

Anyhow when we got back home, I checked the odometer and it read 67,467. When I got in the house, I checked my calendar log to see what the odometer read on Jan 1st, which I always record at the beginning of the year. On Jan 1st it read 65,828.

Simple math 67,467 minus 65,828 gives you 1,639. So, this year I have driven my truck 1,639 miles.

My calendar also said as of yesterday, I had ridden my CB 1100 4,507 miles and my NC 750 12,360 miles so far this year for a total of 16,867 miles.

I've put a little over 10 times as many miles on the bikes, as on my truck so far this year.

Yep, I'm a motorcycle nut lol
Yes, I also had a Ridgeline, a 2017. It was my first experience with a pickup, and I didn’t find it to be very useful. Over the past three years I was averaging only 2500 miles per year. It had been almost 3 years and by mileage it hadn’t even needed an oil change. I sold it 3 months ago and I don’t miss it at all.

Yep, you sure do get a lot of use out of your motorcycles! Great that you have nice roads in your neighborhood.

Yes, I also had a Ridgeline, a 2017. It was my first experience with a pickup, and I didn’t find it to be very useful. Over the past three years I was averaging only 2500 miles per year. It had been almost 3 years and by mileage it hadn’t even needed an oil change. I sold it 3 months ago and I don’t miss it at all.

Yep, you sure do get a lot of use out of your motorcycles! Great that you have nice roads in your neighborhood.
Yea, I don't use it much (obviously) and have been thinking about maybe getting a Civic or Accord, maybe a non-plug in hybrid, which would get much better gas mileage, but doing the math, financially, that's not a real wise decision, as the difference between trade in and new purchase price (maybe $20K) would buy a lot of tires and gas for a vehicle that's been paid for, for a lot of years, so the truck just sits there and I ride the bikes. It does come in handy for moving my 23 year old grand daughter every year lol.

Yea, I don't use it much (obviously) and have been thinking about maybe getting a Civic or Accord, maybe a non-plug in hybrid, which would get much better gas mileage, but doing the math, financially, that's not a real wise decision, as the difference between trade in and new purchase price (maybe $20K) would buy a lot of tires and gas for a vehicle that's been paid for, for a lot of years, so the truck just sits there and I ride the bikes. It does come in handy for moving my 23 year old grand daughter every year lol.
I’d been looking for a way to be rid of the Ridgeline for a couple years. It came together in August, when I sold the 6.5 year old Ridge for a good price and bought a new 2023 all-electric car. In the first one month owning the car we drove it more miles than we did in the last 10 months on the truck. We got a much more useful vehicle, for us, and the net transaction actually put $2,000 in my pocket, so it was a no-brainer. We very much like the electric car, and don’t miss the truck.

1.5:1

This year kind of sucked for riding in my area. It rained constantly from Jan to May, very late spring, and early winter apparently. I have a 'Stich and I'm not a fair weather rider, but it gets old.
90% of this total is commuting to work. Any travel is appropriated to my wife's Hyundai.

Subaru: 3000mi
Honda: 3400mi
Kawasaki: 600mi
Ural: 350mi

Back