• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

12v Switched Power Plug Location?

Thomasec

Reaction score
Visit site
I have searched the threads, but can't find mentioned the location of the accessory power plug (for the factory 12v power socket.) it would be the socket you would plug it in to as the 12v source. I would like to tap in to that plug to power a gps unit. Thanks for shedding some light.

I could not find it either. I just run a parallel setup (cig scoket) via the battery, it is just behind the front plate inside the false tank cavity.
I drilled 1 hole to let the wire through. It is within tank hole, so it is waterproof.

There is a black plug on the top triple tree. Pull the plug out (just friction fit) and see if the plug fits in there. If it does run the wires down the neck and to a fuse then to the batt. Or use a relay for a switched outlet.

The Honda product instructions place the outlet in the wall of the storage compartment about at 11 o'clock looking down in the compartment from a seated position. I installed mine on a short fused pigtail to the battery and tuck it into the space above the battery. I can remove the battery cover and pull it out if needed. I used a water proof type made by Marinco.

Thanks Dave, but that wasn't exactly what I was getting at. However I did find the answer on another forum.

NC770_power.jpg

The location is in #3. You typically need to get the Sub Harness and then a Relay connector #4 to complete the power hook up. The sub harness has four connections for other things like lights or gps.

BTW Dave, I really enjoyed your recent ride review that you gave in the other forums. You should also post on here. Many potential NC owners would love to know your thoughts.

The location is in #3. You typically need to get the Sub Harness and then a Relay connector #4 to complete the power hook up

Hi Thomasec, many thanks for the picture, I was looking for the same instructions. See here: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/210-my-accessories-4.html

Please, do you got the part numbers for the 3 pieces in the picture #4? Sub-harness (which I have) seems to be 08A71-MGS-D30. I also have a "RELAY SET", P/N 08A70-MGS-D30 :

IMAG0143.jpg

But I don't know where this "RELAY SET" fits in the picture you provided...

Yes, that's right, please post your review here. Since I am unable / unwilling to go to the other forum, where I am not welcomed and told to get lost. Kindly repost your comments here so that we can all benefit? Thanks.

I'm in the process of wiring up the factory accessory now. The entire left side of the bike is disassembled. That subharness plus the accessory subharness together are at least 6 feet long. You can wire that thing up anywhere on the bike. I'm splicing another accessory socket on the tree for my radar detector, and attaching the socket to one of the 3 extra outlets on the subharness. To save you time, I went to some auto parts stores and Radio Shack and could not find any of the proper connectors to attach the extra outlet to the subharness. Looks like I'll be cutting and splicing one of them.

Back