• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

$17.99 Seat Solution

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the Bike , hate the seat. I am a cheap bastage so here is my seat solution. Take one each $17.99 Kohl's memory foam seat cushion, cut to shape and go. I know it ain't pretty but I need some relief! I will go try it tonight. I left it high in the front to see if I could stop sliding forward under braking. Kinda Hillbilly but what the hay

!001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg006.jpg

I dropped my seat off at a local seat guy in Gilbert Az, he been working M/C seats since 1953. Had him do 2 BMWs and a Honda PC800. He will widen and firm up my NCX seat for $100. Should get it back on thurday or fri, will post a report. He does not do mail orders but for the local Az boys it should be a good deal.

I like this as a stop gap idea until I can get a seat made or until one of the seat companys get off their asses and make one (see what I did there). Let us know how it rides.

I put 35 miles on it over a bumpy twisty road. It is a big improvement. Is it a A? No, but it does make a horrible seat into an OK seat. For and hour and twenty bucks it is worth the effort. I did not feel like I was sitting on a basketball. I will wait until a nice aftermarket solution comes onto the market. I put the skill level at age 12-14. Someone with some shaping skills could do a better job for sure. Unfortunately the split seat design does not lend itself to simple solutions. I also forgot it still gets chilly at night, even in the Arizona desert.

I did a little longer ride today, better but not great. I think I will pull it apart tomorrow and do some more shaping.

I did a little longer ride today, better but not great. I think I will pull it apart tomorrow and do some more shaping.

I am closely following your thread. Please post some pics and comments of your progress, that project is on my to-do list for this winter.

Thx

I have some temperfoam (aka memory foam) seat material if anyone wants it to try a homespun cure. I found from toying with it that it doesn't do as well if it is thick because it is not very supportive. It works best as a thin layer on top of a more supportive foam. You might be able to slice it with an electric carving knife.

Any way, my pad is available for shipping costs. I may even have two of them. Hell, I am like Noah. I seem to buy two of everything. Excuse me, I need to go work on my boat while it's not raining.

I have some temperfoam (aka memory foam) seat material if anyone wants it to try a homespun cure. I found from toying with it that it doesn't do as well if it is thick because it is not very supportive. It works best as a thin layer on top of a more supportive foam. You might be able to slice it with an electric carving knife.

Any way, my pad is available for shipping costs. I may even have two of them. Hell, I am like Noah. I seem to buy two of everything. Excuse me, I need to go work on my boat while it's not raining.

I'll take your extra NCX and come and get it, I'll save you from packaging it.

The prepping community has a saying "two is one, and one is none." The NC was going to be my "spare bike" like my TMax was, but it has exceeded my expectations for capability and it looks like it may graduate to first chair LD Rider with the BMW re-purposed as the elder statesman that gets pampered and only paraded out for ceremonial rides to rallies.

Last edited:
Here is my seat after a $100 fluff from the old seat guy in Gilbert Az, Its a little down hill back to front but not bad, its my fault for not scrutinizing it better before delivering it, but he did a nice job of recovering with a near match to the oem rear cover, widing and firming it up some. I carved the rear seat some myself and I'll be smoothing it out as soon as I p/u a drum sanding attachment for a drill, you can see the lumps in the pic, the carve out made some fore and aft room.

NC700 seat mod 003.jpgNC700 seat mod 002.jpgNC700 seat mod 001.jpg

Back