• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014 NC750 confirmed by Honda

Last edited:
You'd be lucky if all those new models made it to the Honda Canada
lineup, but I wouldn't count on it.

I hate to bring this up again but if you think back to that leaked document that hit the web around the 2nd of September it had several of these bikes on it. Good guess or some insider knowledge?

Its coming in one advert and not coming in another. Cycle World have shown the Honda lineup for 2014 and according to them it is a 700 still. I have looked on another site and they suggest it is being increased to a 750. The question remains.

"For 2014, the engine has gotten a 50cc capacity increase. As you might expect, this means an increase in both power and torque. What you might not expect is an increase in fuel economy. A full tank will now take you around 400km before it’s time to fill it back up again."

According to honda's website, they only list the 2014 as now coming in black & red. It still is listed as a 700.

Well, Canada has been a different market for Honda so far... they have the NCS model as well...

Increase of 50hp? Wouldn't that put it up around 100hp now?

Btw, another bad article. It says increase of 50cc, when in fact the increase is 75cc.

Greg

My guess is that the reporter doesn't know the original engine is 670cc, and is only going by the model name.

I for one would like for the US to get the "S". I would have bought it over the "X". Preferr the naked standard look and don't like wind shields.

Art

Cross.jpg
Wouldn't mind taking a look at the CrossRunner either but no luck in the US.

I took out a Demo for a day this Summer. I cannot understand why it is not being sold in the US. It is a smashing bike. Very strong bottom end and midrange. Soft suspension and slick gearbox. It carries its weight well. Hopefully Honda will get sense and it will get over there sometime soon.

If Honda do sell a 750 version of the NC in some market area or other, I wonder how they will increase the capacity ? I assume an increase in bore will be easier than an increase in stroke. In my view that would be a step backward as the undersquare ratio will be decreased albeit marginally. It is that undersquare characteristic of this motorcycle that gives it much of its charm in my view.

If Honda do sell a 750 version of the NC in some market area or other, I wonder how they will increase the capacity ? I assume an increase in bore will be easier than an increase in stroke. In my view that would be a step backward as the undersquare ratio will be decreased albeit marginally. It is that undersquare characteristic of this motorcycle that gives it much of its charm in my view.

The bore is increased by 4 mm taking it to 77 mm on the 745cc NC750. I agree the undersquare engine is getting closer to being square and closer to mainstream Old Concept.

Greg

I wonder what Honda will want for a set of 750 pistons.....:cool:

Doubt it would be as simple as swapping out the pistons. Bigger pistons=more heat produced=the water cooling system would have to be re-calibrated/rebuilt.
Bigger pistons=different amount of fuel needed=FI would have to be recalibrated/remapped/rebuilt.
Is the overall size of the case the same size, if not, would it be able to handle the differences in oil needed for the larger pistons.

Back