• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x clutch slipping

vanbobble

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a couple new tyres fitted saturday morning and rather foolishly on the way there (off the road) I thought I would do a couple burnouts.. Seems a I need more practice, or just not to bother! as now clutch is slipping in 3rd gear and up when twisting hard on the throttle..

Bike has only done 6,500 miles.

Does this mean new clutch is needed? There were no issues prior to my fooling around and bike was serviced at honda dealer only 4 weeks ago.

If a new clutch is needed is it best to replace with a Honda one, or can anyone recommend a better aftermarket one.. I'm not sure EBC does one for 2021 model.

Any advice appreciated

Assume it's a manual then. Make sure you have plenty of free play at the lever so the clutch is fully disengaging. It may settle down after a while. You might have warped a few clutch plates. It might correct itself over time but it might not. I did something similar many many years ago on a GS1000. The clutch was never the same again but it did stop slipping eventually.

Hi mate yeah it’s a manual..

I think I’ll take it back to dealer I got serviced at tomorrow to take a look, it’s only down the road

Minus telling them about the burnout

Please follow up here with what you find out.

I would consider it a learning experience and a teaching experience one way or the other.

I second checking the cables and making sure there is free play at the lever and on the actuator arm. Pics of the actuator arm movement when the clutch lever is fully pulled in vs when it’s fully released. I’ve had motorcycles in the past where I’ve broken part of the fiber plate and it’s gotten caught in the clutch pack, allowing it to slip under heavy load.

Out of curiosity, when you started spinning the rear tire, did you fully release the clutch lever? If not, you probably wore the fiber plates down. It is super easy to do. I’ve done it on previous bikes. If that is the case, rest assured, the clutch is designed to be a wear product and is replaceable relatively cheaply and easily for an at home enthusiast.

IMG_5091.jpegIMG_5092.jpeg

I second checking the cables and making sure there is free play at the lever and on the actuator arm. Pics of the actuator arm movement when the clutch lever is fully pulled in vs when it’s fully released. I’ve had motorcycles in the past where I’ve broken part of the fiber plate and it’s gotten caught in the clutch pack, allowing it to slip under heavy load.

Out of curiosity, when you started spinning the rear tire, did you fully release the clutch lever? If not, you probably wore the fiber plates down. It is super easy to do. I’ve done it on previous bikes. If that is the case, rest assured, the clutch is designed to be a wear product and is replaceable relatively cheaply and easily for an at home enthusiast.

View attachment 52774View attachment 52775
i'm guessing I didnt release it fully, or perhaps quickly enough!

a friend checked the actuator arm movement yesterday and that all seemed ok.

So new clutch it is then..?

I’ve never understood doing that to a car or motorcycle. One reason why I don’t buy used vehicles.
All fun and games until you actually knacker your clutch!

Good news is I have managed to find a dealer who can replace this Thursday!! Which at this time of year is bloody good

I’m crap with mechanics and anything DIY

Lesson learnt though

Back