• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got about 40 miles in today. Really enjoy this bike. On the way out, headed north on Alico from Corkscrew, I see what I think is a plastic pipe or hose moving across the road. Looks odd and I can't Identify what it is so i check traffic and slow down. As I get closer, I see it is an injured 3 foot or so eastern diamondback rattlesnake who decided to take a swipe at me. I saw the mouth wide open as it struck toward me...it did not bite me though. I was too startled to say how close it was reliably, butt felt like it was right on me and missed my left boot by less than a foot. Scared the heck out of me.

I got about 40 miles in today. Really enjoy this bike. On the way out, headed north on Alico from Corkscrew, I see what I think is a plastic pipe or hose moving across the road. Looks odd and I can't Identify what it is so i check traffic and slow down. As I get closer, I see it is an injured 3 foot or so eastern diamondback rattlesnake who decided to take a swipe at me. I saw the mouth wide open as it struck toward me...it did not bite me though. I was too startled to say how close it was reliably, butt felt like it was right on me and missed my left boot by less than a foot. Scared the heck out of me.
Once had a Timber Rattler pull a similar move when riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just laying in the middle of the road striking at everything that came by.

I got about 40 miles in today. Really enjoy this bike. On the way out, headed north on Alico from Corkscrew, I see what I think is a plastic pipe or hose moving across the road. Looks odd and I can't Identify what it is so i check traffic and slow down. As I get closer, I see it is an injured 3 foot or so eastern diamondback rattlesnake who decided to take a swipe at me. I saw the mouth wide open as it struck toward me...it did not bite me though. I was too startled to say how close it was reliably, butt felt like it was right on me and missed my left boot by less than a foot. Scared the heck out of me
Wow

Last edited:
How many miles did you get out of the Road 5?
About 2 years and 13-14k miles. Didn't write down the exact mileage when I got it on.
I spend too much time on nasty-concrete highways at 70-75 mph.
Bike should be at 37k miles by the end of the weekend. That's almost 30k in 6 years (really 5 given how little I commuted during covid).

I'm thinking I need to get my wife one of those. I've offered with other bikes but she always says 'I'd rather just ride behind you'. Not bad, but the NC isn't a very comfortable bike for the pillion. Maybe a scooter would be more friendly for her.

I'm thinking I need to get my wife one of those. I've offered with other bikes but she always says 'I'd rather just ride behind you'. Not bad, but the NC isn't a very comfortable bike for the pillion. Maybe a scooter would be more friendly for her.
I would suggest it, especially if they have a riding course near you. We are lucky in PA that they offer a free course called Total Control. We took the course together, they supplied the motorcycles & helmets. All new to her & a refresher for me. She took the class on a motorcycle so she is licensed for all, but chose a scooter. Initially she wanted to ride by herself to gain confidence, but we have started to ride a bit more together. (she is actually going to take the course again this year to work on her skills)

I rode just over 400 miles today with a buddy of mine to go up to Leesburg Bikefest and back. The bike performed well, the ride was fine, but I did not care one bit for the Bikefest, other than some of the remarkable craftsmanship on some of the customs.

I did make one mistake making a left turn thinking I had an arrow but did not (followed a group). Really stupid and inattentive. I'm super happy the cars were paying attention because I sure as heck screwed up.

I did ride with earplugs. Now i wish I always did. My reluctance was framed by my experiences outside of motorcycling that required all of my senses to survive (not trying to sound like a tough guy, it is just the way it was). Misguided on that one.

Finished off April with a combination of 3 of my loops that made for a super curvy loop. I need to take the loop again and count them sometime. I'm guessing near 300 in the 42 mile loop. 55 degrees and overcast.

Numbers for April 28 of 30 days ridden (drove to Misissippi for an event in the car with my wife for 2 days) 1510 miles on the NC, 224 miles on the CB for 1734 miles for the month. 105 days of riding and 5,484 miles for the year.

Last edited:
I wasn't satisfied over the years with the brake lever feeling (somewhat spongy) even if I often change brake fluid, with meticulous bleeding. Yesterday I squeezed and zip-tie the brake lever for ~24h. Didn't expect that trick to solve my problem. But for an inexplicable reason, it did as I went for a ride and enjoyed a strong brake lever feeling; 1st time since I own the NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back