• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out for a post Storm Betty run around South County Kildare. Stopped off at the memorial to the first Gordon Bennett road race, the origin of British racing green.
Then I went shopping for essentials for this evening. Currently hot and rather sweaty with a big grin on my face and contemplating going out again.Weather is hot but gusty.

20230820_105826.jpg20230820_105740.jpg20230820_105750.jpg20230820_105815.jpg20230820_131200.jpg

On the short ride the other day I noticed that the wind noise increased. Seems that the Seat Concepts seat raised me just enough to stick my head back up in it, so here we go again. I still had not sold my CalSci windshield, and it was still about 1.5 - 2 inches taller than the better looking one, even with the brackets that raised the old one ~2 inches. So the CalSci went back on, but not before I improved the look of it. We'll see if my trimming on the lower edge totally screwed up it's performance or not next ride this week.

IMG_20230820_193607141_HDR.jpg

On the short ride the other day I noticed that the wind noise increased. Seems that the Seat Concepts seat raised me just enough to stick my head back up in it, so here we go again. I still had not sold my CalSci windshield, and it was still about 1.5 - 2 inches taller than the better looking one, even with the brackets that raised the old one ~2 inches. So the CalSci went back on, but not before I improved the look of it. We'll see if my trimming on the lower edge totally screwed up it's performance or not next ride this week.

View attachment 52820
Looks good to me. Run it.

Day 210 of riding, an early morning ride to beat the heat. 52 miles @78 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far at 98 degrees, with heat index of 106. Probably ride early tomorrow too ;)

Woke up to a thunderstorm and torrential rain. wow that wasn't predicted. Anyhow it rained for about 3 hours. In the meantime I had had to meet my brother for lunch so took the truck. It needed to be ran anyway. The sun eventually came out and a late afternoon 80 mile ride on dry roads wasn't bad since the 98 degrees they predicted didn't materialize. A much cooler 88 degrees and sunny for the ride.

Woke up to a thunderstorm and torrential rain. wow that wasn't predicted. Anyhow it rained for about 3 hours. In the meantime I had had to meet my brother for lunch so took the truck. It needed to be ran anyway. The sun eventually came out and a late afternoon 80 mile ride on dry roads wasn't bad since the 98 degrees they predicted didn't materialize. A much cooler 88 degrees and sunny for the ride.
We got that 98F here, with heat index around 118F. Some local high temperature records for this date were broken. Took the EV car into town. Did not ride any motorcycles today.

I fell going into the house from the garage. Caught my boot on the step & fell into the hallway, door caught my foot but my body kept going. I ended up like a pretzel.
Small fracture in left ankle, pulled groin on the right, sprained right thumb & banged up elbow on the left. Got all 4 corners.
No riding for me for a good while….
:(

I fell going into the house from the garage. Caught my boot on the step & fell into the hallway, door caught my foot but my body kept going. I ended up like a pretzel.
Small fracture in left ankle, pulled groin on the right, sprained right thumb & banged up elbow on the left. Got all 4 corners.
Whoa that is terrible!

That is weird that that much rain was missed in the forecast.

I had weather similar to what 670cc had but I had to bale hay no matter what. I had plenty of problems because the hay got too dry and the net wrap would not stick to the hay but got wrapped around some of the rollers.

Still that was better than what happened to Luke so I'm good!

That is weird that that much rain was missed in the forecast.

I had weather similar to what 670cc had but I had to bale hay no matter what. I had plenty of problems because the hay got too dry and the net wrap would not stick to the hay but got wrapped around some of the rollers.

Still that was better than what happened to Luke so I'm good!
Our weather forecasters seem to be more miss than hit this summer.

Heal up quickly.

Oh no, sorry to hear of your mishap.

Motorcycle riding is dangerous enough, but apparently so is walking!

Sorry to hear of your mishap. I hope you recover quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back