• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the winter handguards on and fixed the tire pressure. According to the weather forecast it will be cool in the coming week. I'm mulling putting tire pressure monitors on next time I do tires.
View attachment 53117
As I am sure you know that external tire pressure sensors can be added at any time as the tire does not have to be off the rim.

As I am sure you know that external tire pressure sensors can be added at any time as the tire does not have to be off the rim.
I decided not to trust mounting external tire pressure sensors on rubber valve stems. I have some wheels where I’m waiting for the next tire change to switch to metal valve stems.

I was thinking if I had the tires off I could install the 2 port metal stems I have seen and tweak the wheel balance at the same time. I already have 90 degree metal stems. I have heard getting the caps off to add air can be a pain, is this not true?

I was thinking if I had the tires off I could install the 2 port metal stems I have seen and tweak the wheel balance at the same time. I already have 90 degree metal stems. I have heard getting the caps off to add air can be a pain, is this not true?
In order to prevent "thread drift" I started a new thread over in Safety Equipment.

My 90* stems work fine in my '23 NC, and I can't imagine the caps being a problem. My last bike had standard stems and they WERE a problem. They are fine for cars but not for bikes.

Day 272..was 46 when I took off and 76 and sunny on my way home from a 164 mile lunch ride to meet my buddy I rode to Cali with in 2014. I think he wants another bike and was asking me about the NC lol.

Fri .... day 275 was a 44 mile ride with Mrs. Ferret on her Xmax @ 71 degrees and overcast on patchy damp roads from overnight rain.

Sat...day 276 ... boy what a miserable day weather wise. Rained overnight and they were predicting off and on showers all day starting mid-morning. Woke up and was out on the road at sunrise even though there definitely wasn't any sun rising.... just thick misty/fog, wet roads. As wet as I got from the mist/fog might as well have been raining. Got in 49 miles @ 65 degrees and had to wipe the bike off from its "mist/fog bath" once I got home lol.

kED7UYPh.jpg

Last edited:
Fri .... day 275 was a 44 mile ride with Mrs. Ferret on her Xmax @ 71 degrees and overcast on patchy damp roads from overnight rain.

Sat...day 276 ... boy what a miserable day weather wise. Rained overnight and they were predicting off and on showers all day starting mid-morning. Woke up and was out on the road at sunrise even though there definitely wasn't any sun rising.... just thick misty/fog, wet roads. As wet as I got from the mist/fog might as well have been raining. Got in 49 miles @ 65 degrees and had to wipe the bike off from its "mist/fog bath" once I got home lol.
On your daily rides, are you mainly just riding full width 2 lane roads (with centerlines) at ”highway speeds”?

On your daily rides, are you mainly just riding full width 2 lane roads (with centerlines) at ”highway speeds”?
Mostly full width 2 lanes roads with a centerline and some what we call lane and a half's with no centerline, but I prefer not to ride on those. Speed limit +- 5 mph 45-60 mph

Typical

zmBD8tD.jpg

w0UsMk6.jpg

y8CaFOn.jpg

Lane and a half..no centerline

4qFrFbQ.jpg

ZiFzzIB.jpg

Last edited:
Day 277... rained over an inch last night but wasn't raining when I got up, so got geared up and headed out for a 50 miler @ 55 degrees on damp roads with lots of wet leaves o_O

Last week I rode from the Philadelphia area over to Athens Ohio to ride the Windy 9 ( pronounced wine dee 9). The first night was supposed to be camping but rain convinced me to check into a hotel. In Athens we stayed at the Hampton Inn. The staff and rooms were great. Breakfast buffet appears to be on a 4 day rotation and it was good. The Inn is within walking distance of several restaurants. The routes were beautiful and can be as challenging as you want to make them. Go to Windy9.com to see the routes. On the way home I was able to camp in Harpers Ferry. Total miles for the 9 days was 1485'
IMG_1858.jpegIMG_3539.jpegIMG_3519.jpegIMG_3608.jpegIMG_3637.jpgIMG_3522.jpegIMG_3630.jpeg

Yesterday we washed both bikes. I told my wife that this reminded me of the time we went to the prom and I washed and cleaned the car twice to make sure it was perfect. Then she said I didn't take her to the prom. And that we hadn't even met yet! Yeah, well, I would have wash the car twice for her too!!!

Yesterday we washed both bikes. I told my wife that this reminded me of the time we went to the prom and I washed and cleaned the car twice to make sure it was perfect. Then she said I didn't take her to the prom. And that we hadn't even met yet! Yeah, well, I would have wash the car twice for her too!!!
Whaaat?

I am participating in the Polar Bear Grand Tour. Basically every Sunday we ride to a designated spot in either Delaware, New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania. You need to arrive between noon and 1:30 pm. Points are accrued for attending and on distance traveled to get to the desitination based on the shortest distance available. The contest runs from October 29 until the last Sunday in April. See "PolarBearGrandTour.com" for info.

I left my house in Lansdale PA during a drizzle and rode down to Cape May, NJ. Shortly after I started the rain ended and it was a pleasent ride. I got to Cape May just before noon, signed in, ate my picinic lunch, chatted for a bit, and was back on the road by 1:00. There must have been 150 bikes coming and going. The ride back was uneventful until I had to cross the Delaware River. The draw bridge was up for about 20 minutes. There were about 100 cars between the raised draw bridge and the toll booths, all tightly packed across 6 traffic lanes. I was with another 100 cars before the toll booths and the traffic behind me was backed up as far as I could see. I expected chaos when the bridge came down and the barriers were raised. I was pleasently surprised as people were aware of me and gave me room as we funnelled from 6 lanes to 2 and went over the wet metal grate bridge deck. Oh yeah it started to rain while we waited. Total miles for the day was 245.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back