• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT+

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I really like the Yamaha Tracer and they have added quite a few features to this iteration. I think it is a ggood-looking bike. Sorry @670cc; it is in the SOB (some other brand) category!

Yup. Agreed. But the glass could be half full too.
It's the auto braking I would have some concerns over. When it is working I am sure it will be fine, but I bet it's a real pita to service and keep working well. I can't think of any other bike that has had anything like such a system before.

It's the auto braking I would have some concerns over. When it is working I am sure it will be fine, but I bet it's a real pita to service and keep working well. I can't think of any other bike that has had anything like such a system before.
I see your point. I like automatic cruise control but not sure I'd want to be an early adopter of the autonomous braking tech, but I am optimistic. Cornering ABS was untrusted but performs pretty good from what I have read. My buddy is a big Harley enthusiast and tells me that they are taking it a step further with driver awareness functionality like some of us have on our cars. Apparently HD's tech will evaluate just how much energy it can take away from the bike without causing allow side or throwing the driver forward too much. Honda is taking it further still, and is adding lane keep assist and, believe it or not, an iteration of auto pilot similar to our newer cars. Bosch is working on a solution to market to all manufacturers. I think this will likely become pretty standard in the near future.

I really like the Yamaha Tracer and they have added quite a few features to this iteration. I think it is a ggood-looking bike. Sorry @670cc; it is in the SOB (some other brand) category!
Make sure to check out the Tracer forums. Many report having buyer's remorse. Most report 'odd' ergonomics.

What mostly makes me like or dislike a motorcycle is the “soul” of the machine, primarily the proplusion system. Bells, whistles, and automation do little for me. The Tracer looks rather ordinary in that it’s apparently just old school internal combustion and chain drive. I already have bikes like that. It seems like manufacturers are stalling out when it comes to true innovation in motorcycles.

What would be cool is something like electric motor drive with sprocket concentric with the swingarm pivot, totally eliminating the transmission and the belt tension chore, and maybe even an efficient atkinson cycle engine that powers the electrical system. I don’t mean to pop-poo the Tracer, but it’s time manufacturers think outside the box and show me something different, or I’ll just keep what I already own.

What mostly makes me like or dislike a motorcycle is the “soul” of the machine, primarily the proplusion system. Bells, whistles, and automation do little for me. The Tracer looks rather ordinary in that it’s apparently just old school internal combustion and chain drive. I already have bikes like that. It seems like manufacturers are stalling out when it comes to true innovation in motorcycles.

What would be cool is something like electric motor drive with sprocket concentric with the swingarm pivot, totally eliminating the transmission and the belt tension chore, and maybe even an efficient atkinson cycle engine that powers the electrical system. I don’t mean to pop-poo the Tracer, but it’s time manufactures think outside the box and show me something different, or I’ll just keep what I already own.
Those would be cool features providing great benefits. They’ll get there sooner or later.

I like tech; though it would not make me buy this bike.

As always, aesthetically appealing or not is left to the individual.

My son had the first iteration of this bike with added factory bags, factory touring shield etc, no cruise, but the same basic 900 triple. He bought it because all the magazine testers went ga ga over it when it first came out. He kept it 1 year and 13,000 miles declaring it just an OK bike. He traded it in on a Yamaha FZ-10 which he likes a lot more even though it has a plank for a seat and gets horrible gas mileage lol

What mostly makes me like or dislike a motorcycle is the “soul” of the machine, primarily the proplusion system. Bells, whistles, and automation do little for me.
Agree with 670cc. I've tried the first version of the Tracer 900 few years ago. I remember that I liked the lightness, the "flickability", the power... but too "nervous" for me. Even if it is far less, I find the NC power band more enjoyable.

My son had the first iteration of this bike with added factory bags, factory touring shield etc, no cruise, but the same basic 900 triple. He bought it because all the magazine testers went ga ga over it when it first came out. He kept it 1 year and 13,000 miles declaring it just an OK bike. He traded it in on a Yamaha FZ-10 which he likes a lot more even though it has a plank for a seat and gets horrible gas mileage lol
Yes, the magazine testers surely loved their free joy ride on the 900, but probably didn’t buy one with their own money. On to the next ga ga bike!

I would be interested in a R9 when it comes out. Put some heli bars on it or hope that it comes with clip ons above the top clamp and cruise control.

I had a triumph speed triple once. I do like the character of the triple

I don’t mean to pop-poo the Tracer, but it’s time manufacturers think outside the box and show me something different, or I’ll just keep what I already own.
Honda thinks outside the box on occasion (as with the NC), and it more often than not bites them in the butt. Even the NC, much as I love it, turned out to be a bit of a niche product, especially in North America. It didn’t really bring about any change in the market. Motorcyclists are almost as bad as guitarists when it comes to demanding new and different, and buying same old same old.

My (young) co-worker bought an MT-10 last year. Now he’s thinking of switching it for a Tracer. The plank for a seat may have something to do with that.

The CP3 engine in the MT09/Tracer9/XSR seems to be universally loved by vloggers and journos. I do find the looks of the Tracer variants off putting, but the latest 2024 MT09 variants are a bit more conventional.
If I fit, I might be getting one later in the year.

My (young) co-worker bought an MT-10 last year. Now he’s thinking of switching it for a Tracer. The plank for a seat may have something to do with that.
My best riding buddy is really considering the MT-9 or 10. I'll be sure he pays attention to that. Thank you.

Back