• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

250.4 miles on this tank

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
I gotta tell you. I love the fuel mileage of this bike. It was one of many elements that drew me to the NCX.

Today I braved the heat(and Florida love-bug season) and rode around with friends enjoying the Florida rural countryside of Hernando, Sumpter and Lake county. 250.3 miles on the tank and it took 3.460 gallons to fill it. So, something like .25 gallon remaining but I wanted to see how far I could stretch it. While 72 MPG isnt the best I've done, it still reminds me how efficient this bike is.

I gotta tell you. I love the fuel mileage of this bike. It was one of many elements that drew me to the NCX.

Today I braved the heat(and Florida love-bug season) and rode around with friends enjoying the Florida rural countryside of Hernando, Sumpter and Lake county. 250.3 miles on the tank and it took 3.460 gallons to fill it. So, something like .25 gallon remaining but I wanted to see how far I could stretch it. While 72 MPG isnt the best I've done, it still reminds me how efficient this bike is.

That's incredible! Over 400 kilometres on a tank without running out! :eek: :cool:

Gotta love the love bug season :). Any near trips through the Everglades soon? I'd love to hear if you can see after 10 minutes through :p.

I lived in Leesville, LA for three years. My first introdcution to Love Bugs was the summer of 1997. I was not aware they are bad for your paint. Cleaned the glass off but didn't put much effort into getting the hood and grill clean. Little suckers blood is like acid. I swear there were little divits in my paint. Wiper only seem to smear them on the glass. What a pain.

Made the mistake of painting a house in Florida one September. Probably 50,000 pairs of the suckers enshrined in the paint. Not a smooth finish. Focused on sex they don't watch where they are going and stick when they touch wet paint. :mad:

Urban legend in Florida is they originated in a UF science experiment and escaped.

Made the mistake of painting a house in Florida one September. Probably 50,000 pairs of the suckers enshrined in the paint. Not a smooth finish. Focused on sex they don't watch where they are going and stick when they touch wet paint. :mad:

Urban legend in Florida is they originated in a UF science experiment and escaped.

Ruined paint job would have totally pissed me off! Couldnt imagine painting a house in those conditions. And yeah the UF myth is just a myth. They migrated from Central America by cargo possibly to the Gulf region and spread into Florida and the climate is conducive.

snopes.com: Were Love Bugs Created by a Genetic Experiment Gone Wrong?

My NC got averaged 28 km/l (68 US mpg), ranging from 27 to 30 km/l (64 - 71 US mpg). better than my ex smaller bike (ninja 250) who has got averaged 23 km/l (54 US mpg). She's really lovely. lool

Yesterday practice for the Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1K: 700-mile loop of Las Vegas from home. AVG MPG: 69.3 at 70mph (3,900 RPM)
about 11:30 AM to 11:45 PM.

During the twice a year love bug season (May and September) I leave a spray bottle filled with hydrogen peroxide on the shelf in the garage. Sprayed on the splattered bugs it causes the remains to fizz and foam up then wipe or rinse off with water. There is something about the acidic content of the bugs that reacts to hydrogen peroxide. If there are a lot of bugs to clean I'll dilute one part water to one part peroxide. 50/50 works too and goes twice as far.

Just fueled the bike today an even 180 miles on 2.5 gallons.....72mpg the best so far. The love bugs haven't been too bad here in Clearwater so far.

Just fueled the bike today an even 180 miles on 2.5 gallons.....72mpg the best so far. The love bugs haven't been too bad here in Clearwater so far.
Bugs around here (AZ, Nevada) were thicker than I've ever seen.... still... nothing like Florida!

my first time riding experience on the road in open dessert area, its the sand blown onto the road by wind. gotta wear jacket to protect the arms.

the story of love bugs aint that lovely. wondering how it got the name. :)

Up in Wesley Chapel.
Sounds good for a ride somewhere when the weather changes. Sometime after Biketoberfest maybe?

Last edited:
Back