• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2nd Annual Derby Escape Ride

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
Title: 2nd Annual Derby Escape Ride
When: May 7, 2016 thru May 8, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM (to ride out from Louisville)
Where: Sky Bridge Station, 8 Pine Ridge, Key 715, Pine Ridge, KY
Reservations: (606) 668-9927, [email protected]
Website: https://www.facebook.com/SkyBridgeStation or Sky Bridge Station « Kentucky Rock & Adventure Guides

What: This is the 2nd year of the Escape Derby ride to get out of Louisville and its suburbs, leaving it to the tourists. For those leaving from Louisville, we will kick off from E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park in Louisville's east end, off Westport Road and Frey's Hill Road at 9:00 AM. From there we will ride to Red River Gorge, hopefully making it there around noon or so. Then, a leisurely ride around the Nada Tunnel Loop and some other roads in the area. There is no specific route or times set up, it is going to be a loose gathering. We will try to meet up around noon at the Sky Bridge Station to drop off any gear and then discuss lunch options. SBS has some great food and nice craft beer, and there is also Miguel's Pizza down the road a short distance.

Important: This year, everyone will be responsible for getting their own lodging. It took too long for anyone to commit last year and I am kinda short on time. The beds are SBS are $17 for the night. If we can get enough for a whole room, it is $70 for the night, and we split the cost. One of the rooms has 6 beds, the other has about the same amount as well. We are just over a month away, so if we want to get a group rate, I need to know ASAP so we can book a room, rather than individual beds.

If you have FaceBook, PLEASE head over to this event and say you are going if you can commit.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1121983524501018

Weather Permitting, of course

If I am not on an operating table, I would love to be there. I will let you know once I know something... Had a great time last year.

Thunder weekend is upon us, which means this ride is only 2 short weeks following.

I haven't had enough people say they are in for me to reserve an entire room, so everyone will be on their own to contact them and get your lodging sorted.

I will reach out and see that if enough of us sign up and reserve, we still get a group rate.

Please say you are with the Derby Escape Ride, and maybe we can get some money off.

I just called them and they don't book individual beds; they have 2 rooms for $75 each, with either 5 or 6 beds in each room. Thinking of new plan...

Yea, since they just opened for the season, don't think they have updated their website. I will probably call later (tomorrow-busy at work now) and reserve a room...$75 is not enough to bust the bank.

I guess this may be a day ride only. I didn't realize the next day was Mother's day (didn't look on the calendar) and I always take my mom to church on MD (the only day she can get me to take her to church). So, I am out on spending the night at Red River Gorge, just meet up with Deckyon and whoever else shows up at Tom Sawyer's park....

We will leave it as an overnight for those who want to stay. My goal is to make this an annual event, so I dont want to change anything on it. People can do as they need to whether it is a day ride or an overnight.

I still plan on riding out, getting some food in the area, but will also be heading back, unless a couple things change in the mean time. It will be a play-by-ear for me.

Still looking good for the ride. Getting a new shoe on the front end, so that will be nice. Plans are still the same for kickstands up: 9:00 AM, Tom Sawyer Park. Unfortunately due to the change in policy at the SkyBridge Station, and lack of full commitment for the overnight, we will be on our own for lodging. I may not be staying over, but do not allow that to dictate your plans. SBS is a great facility, and there is a great campground just down the road. I will point it out when we ride by on the way in.

For those riding out from Tom Sawyer, try and be there a little ahead of time so we can go over a few things, especially for those who haven't ridden with me.

going to be cool tomorrow morning but nice and warm in the afternoon :). I will be at the park around 8ish-have to go the long way around since I cant get from I-65S to I-71...

Back