• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

$3.95 Radiator Screen

IronButt84

Reaction score
www.trailridewith.us
WP_001440.jpgWP_001439.jpgFind a small stretch og gutter guard. I found this in a role of 3' aluminum mesh. I held it up to the radiator, slightly bent it at the coners, one at a time, and compleated the bends on a bench with a piece of angle and 2 clamps. Then moved to the next and on the right top side I cut a slit and relieved where the hose goes in. Finally I attached it with safety wire.

I'm thinking ProGrip. I'll see if I can find out for sure. I went by the tube and leg dimensions missed the fact that they were for long travel. I'd do it different next time but these are going to stay. I also have to quit typing in the dark and late at night.

Last edited:
Could you explain a little clearer what exactly the material is, and if you have a link to a source, that would be really helpful. I made one with some stainless steel mesh, but it obviously isn't rust proof stainless. It has a nice patina of rust almost completely covering it. I could replace it relatively quickly with this. Thanks in advance!

Could you explain a little clearer what exactly the material is, and if you have a link to a source, that would be really helpful. I made one with some stainless steel mesh, but it obviously isn't rust proof stainless. It has a nice patina of rust almost completely covering it. I could replace it relatively quickly with this. Thanks in advance!

To me, it looks like one of the many different kinds of aluminum stucco lath/mesh you can get at a hardware store like Home Depot etc.

Nice! Now wrap some weather stripping around it and stencil a NC700X Logo on the front for a professional, stock look!

Find a small stretch og gutter guard. I found this in a role of 3' aluminum mesh. I held it up to the radiator, slightly bent it at the coners, one at a time, and compleated the bends on a bench with a piece of angle and 2 clamps. Then moved to the next and on the right top side I cut a slit and relieved where the hose goes in. Finally I attached it with safety wire.

Kewl. Would have never thought of that but as someone said, the price is right, even buying a whole roll of the stuff to get a foot or so. As an added bonus, it is quite easily worked as you describe. After having houses with big trees around and not liking climbing up on a ladder to clean gutters (esp. the 2 story ones) I bought and installed some of that stuff. Those looking for it might have to go to more than one store as it comes in plastic for less money so the aluminum product may be a little harder to find. But Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace would be my places to look.

I'm not into fancy. I kinda like the look but to make them appealing for sale I'd use your ideas. If I painted it that would've meant sitting there and watching paint dry. I was to anxious to hang it on there. I thought this was aluminum,, it's not. I took a magnet to it and it stuck. It felt, bent & cut like it so it's some kind of galvanized steel I guess. Now I can hang fridge magnets on it to dress it up!

Last edited:
Back