• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

3 Years!

HueyFE

Reaction score
Visit site
I just passed 3 years on this forum 2 days ago! I'm convinced I have the lowest post count for someone on here that long. Maybe in a decade I'll break 100. Anyway, still love reading all the posts from you guys and gals. Currently geographically separated from lonely NC by about 7,000 miles. Even the tales of woe involving injury and damage I read on here make me jealous of the time you spend with your respective NC's.
Keep riding! Let the spring ride reports roll!

I just passed 3 years on this forum 2 days ago! I'm convinced I have the lowest post count for someone on here that long. Maybe in a decade I'll break 100. Anyway, still love reading all the posts from you guys and gals. Currently geographically separated from lonely NC by about 7,000 miles. Even the tales of woe involving injury and damage I read on here make me jealous of the time you spend with your respective NC's.
Keep riding! Let the spring ride reports roll!

Got to ask, did you ever fly a Bell Huey? I am an old Rucker man.

I ride to work also, but regretted it. 35+mph wind [emoji100] , thunder [emoji297] [emoji298] and showers [emoji97] that made it look like star wars. This was at 3:00 a.m. 70 minutes of that made me think my wife could have gone a day without the car lol. Pretty extreme for central Cali

Last edited:
Did 142 miles of mountain riding today including whipping The Dragon twice (going and coming). About 32 or so to start and mid 50s to finish with a big blue sky. Imagine, no rain, no snow, no ice, just sunshine and pavement.

Did 142 miles of mountain riding today including whipping The Dragon twice (going and coming). About 32 or so to start and mid 50s to finish with a big blue sky. Imagine, no rain, no snow, no ice, just sunshine and pavement.

I should be heading over to The Gap on Saturday but will probably run the ST1300. I will be adjusting the valves on the NC Sunday.

I rode part of the TAT couple of summers ago with a couple of guys, one of which was a Nam era helicopter pilot and then made a career of it. Flew for oil rigs and some hospitals in Arkansas. Did the training/management as well as fly. Great fellow, enjoyed riding with him. I think he's retired in Texas with a KLR and a Concours 1400. Hope you get in some miles soon.

Got to ask, did you ever fly a Bell Huey? I am an old Rucker man.

I've never flown one but jumped out of them. OCR, We were doing some skydiving out of an old UH-1H and the CW4 told us a story about the nut that holds the main rotor in place. He called it a "Jesus Nut". Does that mean anything to you? Is that what you pilots really call it?

I used to love skydiving from the Huey because of the skid. You could hang off it or stand on it before letting go.

Just noticed this thread and my curiosity got the better of me. I had a look at my profile, and in four days time I will also be on here three years. How time flies. I didn't ride to work today. I have been dodging work for the past three years. Its called retirement, and the NC was my retirement present to myself.

I'm a flight engineer on the Huey. I'm not very creative, so that explains my forum ID. Currently flying on a different helicopter for a year til I get back home. Yes Sergeant Chuck, we call it the Jesus Nut. There is a cotter pin on a geared bracket holding it tight. I check it every time when I first walk out to the bird. What worries me more is the 4 small bolts holding the tail boom on right behind the transmission. I have never jumped out of one, and I have no plans to do so. When I was on C-130s, we would have a lot of Army paratroop drops. We used to joke that the jumpers got paid $100 jump pay to leap out, and we get paid $150 flight pay to stay on the plane. Works for me. OCR, I've done some Rucker training for different helicopters. Not too bad of a place, brought my FJR1300 with me to run back and forth to parents house in Georgia on weekends. Never been rained on so much during rides than that place.
Miss the seat on that thing. I would do 8 or 9 hour rides from Albuquerque to Abilene and feel less pain than doing it in my civic. Not so much with the NC. I have the cold handled with First Gear winter suit, heated gloves and generic hippohands my wife got me for Christmas couple of years ago. But a new seat is my present to myself when I get home from this current adventure.

Last edited:
I've never jumped out of one but I have done the old "dangle and drop" into swamp on a few occasions.

I was supposed to be on that 204B that crashed in Northern Saskatchewan with the broken tail control linkage 3 years ago. Nobody was seriously hurt, it would have been an interesting experience to say the least.

5 Years on the Forum!! Still less than 50 posts. I'm going to make a decade with less than 100! Just retired from the Air Force in January, so as soon as I can get my hands (butt) on a better seat for my NC, and the wind here in Maryland dies down, I can start riding some more. Might actually make more posts too, but I think we all benefit more by me just reading everyone else's.

I am an old J-3 Cub, Super Cub, Citabria driver, done some aerobatics, followed a lot of roads, gone in and out of a lot of dirt strips, pastures, farm fields and such. The very idea of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane has always been completely nuts to me. I don't know why people do it, much less do it for a living, or even less, for fun! :confused:

Back