• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

45T sprocket installed

ricerooster

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm liking it, speedo is off by 3mph with 150/70/17 rear shinko 705 tire. Puts the rpms at the perfect powerband IMO. Haven't checked mpgs yet, stock cruising at 75mph I was getting around 57-58mpgs, so will see how much I lose....
cdf3c090c53ede32837cad411ef22156.jpg
abc8cac605f6e7df5c9b31dfb12fc339.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Did you need to change the chain length or does this fit with the stock chain?

JT

Sorry to butt in on the thread, but in my case I found the stock chain length to be too tight of a fit with a 45 tooth rear sprocket, and I went with two extra links. The only reason I tried the 45 tooth was to compensate for the larger Shinko 705 rear tire.

Last edited:
Heh, i too switched ot the 150/70-17" rear tire, but i went the other way on the rear sprocket and dropped to the 39T. Looks like that one will serve you well, and a great rear tire too! I have a pair of those Shinko's just sitting in my shed waiting for my current tires to wear low enough to require changing them out. :{)

Same here. I have a set I bought on sale last month. Need to finish off my current tires first. I plan to try the stock gearing first before parting with my cash for new chain and sprockets.

JT

Back