• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

6 to 8 weeks NO RIDING

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I did myself a good one, not only am I typing one handed (my left at that) but I also can't ride for 6 too 8 weeks. Friday the VA will be putting in 4 to 6 pins in to stabilize 3 breaks in the area of my wrist and knuckles. I was working on a zero turn radius mowers hydro-drive when it fell off the stands and without the rear wheels on it, the frame drove my hand into the garage floor, 450lbs of metal was a bit more than me poor hand could stand up to. One front wheel chock had slipped out and being free casters, the other wheel turned and rolled moving the jack stands sideway, bam, out they went. Be careful working in your garages, one stupid thing leads to a lot of pain, and it happens quick.:p

picture004.jpg

Last edited:
Doh!!! Man that looks painful! Sorry to hear this. I hope you recover as quickly as possible. Hopefully the weather will be turning cooler and the riding will be perfect for you then.

Attachments

• smileyhurt.jpg
    smileyhurt.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 142
Sorry to hear this, bro! All the best! Speedy and complete recovery!
P.S. Nice gold top on the wall! Looks like the P/U are S.Duncan, no? ;) (I play too)

Ouch. Looks painful, sounds painful, AND you still have the pins to look forward to. :(

Only up side (if there is one) is that you weren't out playing in traffic when injured as a couple of others who have posted on this forum were. ;) (Hey, there has to be a silver lining somewhere even if a reach to find it!)

Heal up quick!

You will probably be doing a lot of internet surfing, thinking of all the riding you are missing. Heal Fast, so you can get back in the saddle.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. just now able to think again. So I had one surgery and had pins going from the outside to try and hold things together, after a week things looked bad and I went in for another. Now without the cast I look like a pin cushion. A lot of nerves are in the hand and it seems that they beat up on all of them, I have numbness in several fingers and the hand fills like it was run over by a truck.
picture005 (2).jpg

Milk it CJD, make video's of the wife cutting the grass, groan once in awhile and have her waiting on you hand and foot! lol

Auugh! I totally missed the start of this thread, sorry to hear of this CJD! :(

This site seems to have more than it's fair share of walking wounded members :eek:

Get better soon!!! :)

Auugh! I totally missed the start of this thread, sorry to hear of this CJD! :(

This site seems to have more than it's fair share of walking wounded members :eek:

Get better soon!!! :)

I missed it also! Get well soon brother!!

Back