• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

6'3" on a 2023, taller screen or leave it?

NovaGeeze

Reaction score
Visit site
Put a few hundred miles on the new 2023 NC750x and it feels pretty good for a commute-y bike. I'm 6'3"

Seat's a bit hard, may have to remedy that with aftermarket. Legs tuck fairly tight -- not a big deal so far and I have some drop / angle adjustment pegs I can try to move them down / forward a smidge to see if that helps.

Windscreen, I'm not sure. Running the stock screen and I think I get pretty clean air on my helmet. Top of the protected area seems to be about neck. Get a decent amount of air on shoulders too, but that's fine given it's mostly a summer rider. Wondering if it's even worthwhile to try to get a bigger and taller screen to move that wind over my head. I'd say I feel lucky my helmet isn't bouncing around in a turbulent flow, and I know that can be a real problem to iron out with different screens. (Fun to tuck behind the existing screen and watch the bike speed up about 5-8% at highway speeds with same throttle.)

Is there a screen the tallest riders always default to when looking for max wind protection?

Put a few hundred miles on the new 2023 NC750x and it feels pretty good for a commute-y bike. I'm 6'3"

Seat's a bit hard, may have to remedy that with aftermarket. Legs tuck fairly tight -- not a big deal so far and I have some drop / angle adjustment pegs I can try to move them down / forward a smidge to see if that helps.

Windscreen, I'm not sure. Running the stock screen and I think I get pretty clean air on my helmet. Top of the protected area seems to be about neck. Get a decent amount of air on shoulders too, but that's fine given it's mostly a summer rider. Wondering if it's even worthwhile to try to get a bigger and taller screen to move that wind over my head. I'd say I feel lucky my helmet isn't bouncing around in a turbulent flow, and I know that can be a real problem to iron out with different screens. (Fun to tuck behind the existing screen and watch the bike speed up about 5-8% at highway speeds with same throttle.)

Is there a screen the tallest riders always default to when looking for max wind protection?
While people are running various screen brands with apparent success, a poll will usually show the most popular choice as the Madstad. It is available in various screen heights to accommodate the rider. The design is such that when properly set up, the rider looks over the top of the screen, but the air passes over the helmet. Link: https://madstad.com/products/adjustable-windshield-system-for-honda-nc700x-nc750x-2021-up

I see their ~$400 kit is pretty adjustable and you get a GPS mount along with the bracket, which is a nice addition. I'll put them at the top of the list if I decide to try to change anything. I see their recommendation is to mark up some cardboard to measure and try to get it mouth level = top of screen.

Not sure if the aftermarket clamp-ons for the stock shield are worth the lower $ just as a science experiment or not.

At 5'6" I can't imagine getting a shield tall enough to be effective for a 6'3" guy without it looking obscenely out of proportion on the bike lol

At 5'6" I can't imagine getting a shield tall enough to be effective for a 6'3" guy without it looking obscenely out of proportion on the bike lol
That is another advantage to going Madstad. The screen need not be so high as you might expect, due to the design concept.

I guess I'm so green as to not even know if I have "clean" air or not. I mean, There's plenty of wind noise at speed, of course. I wear earplugs under my HJC C10 helmet to protect my hearing. But my head seems to be passing through smooth air, if that makes any sense. I'm not feeling it getting tossed around or anything. Bugs have an easy direct line to my chin and neck, as my daily helmet cleaning can attest.

I guess I'm so green as to not even know if I have "clean" air or not. I mean, There's plenty of wind noise at speed, of course. I wear earplugs under my HJC C10 helmet to protect my hearing. But my head seems to be passing through smooth air, if that makes any sense. I'm not feeling it getting tossed around or anything. Bugs have an easy direct line to my chin and neck, as my daily helmet cleaning can attest.
That's clean air

Back