• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A new source for Handguards........:)

Will not work on NT700X. I ordered a pair from the advice from this post. The bar end and the mirror mounts are off.
At best you would have to move your lever mounts in over a inch. Making the clutch and brake lever almost unusable.
After moving my lever mounts inward and mounting then thinking they might work they hit the windshield.

Cost me $127.00 with postage. Oh well.

Gerald
Now we have to wait for Wozza's posting of photos of his install of these hand guards on his new Nc750.
I hope he has figured out the problem with the spacing of the bar end weights and the mirror mounts mounting sites.
Too bad Gerald paid so much for his guards. I found several places in the U.S.A. where they are selling for $35.
Now it's time to wait and watch for the secrets to this installation problem.

Now we have to wait for Wozza's posting of photos of his install of these hand guards on his new Nc750.
I hope he has figured out the problem with the spacing of the bar end weights and the mirror mounts mounting sites.
Too bad Gerald paid so much for his guards. I found several places in the U.S.A. where they are selling for $35.
Now it's time to wait and watch for the secrets to this installation problem.
The one you buy for 35-45$ are only made for shiver....they are little different size and length, the one which are more expensive are made for dorsoduro and for shiver they have different dimensions....I am waiting for mine the ones in the start of this postbpicture are the dorsoduro for sure confirmed by apprilia dealer

Gdawg;8249N said:
Will not work on NT700X. I ordered a pair from the advice from this post. The bar end and the mirror mounts are off.
At best you would have to move your lever mounts in over a inch. Making the clutch and brake lever almost unusable.
After moving my lever mounts inward and mounting then thinking they might work they hit the windshield.

Cost me $127.00 with postage. Oh well.

Gerald

I apologise most profusely. It does look like a slightly more awkward fit I first thought. Although the guards line up perfectly when just putting the guard against the handlebars, the mirror mounts being actually on a stem and not through the base seem to alter the angle and the guard requires to be forced in slightly. I've been told by a Spanish chap on the UK Forum that you use the Honda bar end weights. I will keep you updated when I can get the bar end weight screws removed. I think they've been welded in.

The one you buy for 35-45$ are only made for shiver....they are little different size and length, the one which are more expensive are made for dorsoduro and for shiver they have different dimensions....I am waiting for mine the ones in the start of this postbpicture are the dorsoduro for sure confirmed by apprilia dealer
I checked the first post of this Thread and it reads;
"Aprilia part No. 894088 are the hand guards for 2008-2014 Aprilia Shiver and 2009-2014 Aprilia Dorsoduro". I don't see any mention of two different models of handguards for these bikes.
Looks to be one and the same. Just different prices in different countries?
Can you please post the different parts numbers for the two different models?
Thanks

I will keep you updated when I can get the bar end weight screws removed. I think they've been welded in.
Wozza's,
I think they call that Locktite?
The first time I tried to remove the bar end weight screw I just about broke my hand. Finally after eating a little spinach I managed to break the screw loose. There was a lot of thread locking compound on the screw.
Also make sure that the bar end weight its self does not turn while you are attempting to loosen the screw. You have to hold it to keep it from turning while you are turning the screw.
Good luck

I've followed this thread from the beginning and as far as I can tell, nobody in the States has received these handguards and successfully fitted them to their bike. Is that correct? I'm asking because I ordered them from one source only to have them email me a week later to tell me they could no longer get them. I found another source for them and ordered them. That was over a month ago and the second source hasn't been able to provide me with an idea of when I'll receive the parts. I'm starting to think I should cancel the order. I'd be willing to wait it out if the handguards are really going to fit the bike without too much trouble, but I'm starting to wonder whether that's the case.

At the moment I can't undo the screws on the bar end weights, so this is going to wait until my first service and I'll get my dealer to sort it. (I'm not willing to risk rounding the screws). Once this has been done I will then fit the guards and post some pics. They do fit our machines. There's also a chap on the UK Forum who's fitted them as well.

Do you want me to stop by and help you with the bar end weights?

Yes, I know you're across the pond, but I'll be in Morecambe for something else, week after next... ;)

My bar ends came right off with one good whack with the impact driver. I can pack it along.

Last edited:
At the moment I can't undo the screws on the bar end weights, so this is going to wait until my first service and I'll get my dealer to sort it. (I'm not willing to risk rounding the screws). Once this has been done I will then fit the guards and post some pics. They do fit our machines. There's also a chap on the UK Forum who's fitted them as well.

Not to subvert elizilla's kind offer lol, but do understand that the screws are held in with a heat-required-for-removal thread locking compound. Apparently some bikes on the assembly line got more than others, so screws can be either berzerkly difficult to remove, or simply undo without much fuss, if no heat is used to take them out.

I used a heat gun with a shaped "funnel" I made out of tinfoil wrapped around the gun's nozzle, which reduced the concentration of heat to the size of a drinking straw, to make sure I didn't accidently damage the rubber bar grips or anything not heat friendly.

A few seconds of heat strictly on the screw heads, and removal was beyond effortless. :)

Do you want me to stop by and help you with the bar end weights?

Yes, I know you're across the pond, but I'll be in Morecambe for something else, week after next... ;)

My bar ends came right off with one good whack with the impact driver. I can pack it along.

:) Well that's very kind of you. :). Though I will still let my dealer do it - if they mess it up they can sort it out.:)
You're not really coming all the way to Morecambe surely? What could possibly be here that you'd travel all that way?

What, isn't Costa Del Morecambe the hottest vacation destination in Lancashire? :) The travel agent says it is fabulous there in March!

What, isn't Costa Del Morecambe the hottest vacation destination in Lancashire? :) The travel agent says it is fabulous there in March!

Err...not really no. Though the views across the bay are great, there's not a lot here and parts of Morecambe are a bit run down. I still love living here though. :D

Last edited:
I'm actually taking a side trip to Morecambe to visit a friend there, as part of a larger trip to visit family in Scotland. :)

Err...not really no. Though the views across the bay are great, there's not a lot here and parts of Morecambe are a bit run down. I still love living here though. :D

"Most Honest Travel Agent in the World" award goes to: Wozza Travel inc.

:tumbleweeds blow past an empty Wozza shop front:

heeheehee

I sure I am not the only one waiting in anticipation for the end result, is it the Dorsoduro guards that fit the NC700x or not!?!? And will they work on the non DCT system allowing space for the levers!?!
I have the NC750X and those guards are the best looking ones I have seen, sure would fit them if they work.
So please stop this agony and let us know as soon as we have a winner!!;)

Okay I'll speak to my dealer and see if I can get them to undo the bar end weight screws this week.
Looking at the original photo on the very first post. The person can't be using the handbrake as the handguards cover the handbrake slightly - according to the person on the UK Forum. He made a small cut into the guard. I know the brake side fits nicely without any messing about. I can't say about the clutch side as my bike is DCT.
If you look at your handlebars (on the DCT model anyway) the mounting height for your mirrors is slightly different on each side.

Last edited:
If you look at your handlebars (on the DCT model anyway) the mounting height for your mirrors is slightly different on each side.

Oh yeah! :confused: never noticed that before.

ccdea39ba1b77ca4724d9d13cb543564_zpsf1834200.jpg

Back