• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A-Z Aerosmith - ZZ Top

Big AC/DC fan myself, the first song I learned on a guitar was Back in Black (I didn't pick up a guitar till I was 40), but being I spent a lot of time in the Lone Star state I got a real soft spot for ZZ Top (the old school stuff)

My first concert was Aerosmith & Rick Derringer when they came out with the classic album "Get Your Wings" It was early 70's. I was hooked on live concerts after that one. ZZ Top played with Santana a few weeks later. It just amazes my how they are still rocking on after all the years and beers!! I was stationed in Rota Spain when I saw AC/DC for the first time. What a concert!!

Big AC/DC fan myself, the first song I learned on a guitar was Back in Black (I didn't pick up a guitar till I was 40), but being I spent a lot of time in the Lone Star state I got a real soft spot for ZZ Top (the old school stuff)

Here is a picture I took of ZZ Top at the Maxwell King Performing Arts Center before I moved to Hendersonville, NC 2010. I built the King Center with Foley Construction in 1987 here in Melbourne, FL. It brings back a lot of memories every time I see a concert there. Jewel was good also on Halloween Night 2009.

I had tickets to see Aerosmith and ZZ in Sunrise, FL for my 50th Birthday in 09. The show was cancelled for some reason then Steven Tyler fell off the stage in Sturdis during Bike Week and all hope was lost for the reschedule on my show. That sucked bad!!

29751_1448272057397_1100351_n.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Now I know where your name came from Rocker66 :cool:

Thanks for sharing!
In fact my name came from the fact that I was a rocker (as in mods & rockers) and the fact that 1966 has a certain rlevance for me. However I guess you are correct in that we were probably named rockers due to the fact that we tended to go for this type of music.
Every year we go to the Ace Cafe reunion in Brighton where they have groups playing this type of music and it's suprising how many youngsters are dancing and singing along to it. I wonder how many people will still be singing todays (c)rap songs in 50 years time

Actually Led Zeppelin is my favorite Classic Rock & Roll Band and I do regret never seeing them live in concert. I do not know how I let that happen. I have seen them all from A-Z. I was 21 miles north of Boston and back in the 70's we took the train to North Station where Boston Garden was. Those were the good old days!!

http://youtu.be/luDgb5vVHuA

http://youtu.be/sTtwh1mYI6M

Last edited:
I am also a Led Zep fan...Deep Purple and also Queen of course.
Many have said I am too young to be a real fan. I said to them, ....censored...XX!@#@!#

Oh, can we turn this into our current riding favorites thread?

Here are my current jams:

... And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Lost Songs
Bad Books - Bad Books II
Pinback - Information Retrieved
Muse - The Second Law
Mumford and Sons - Babel

and my absolute favorite riding album of this year.

The Avett Brothers - The Carpenter. Man that's a great album.

Oh, can we turn this into our current riding favorites thread?

Here are my current jams:

... And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Lost Songs
Bad Books - Bad Books II
Pinback - Information Retrieved
Muse - The Second Law
Mumford and Sons - Babel

and my absolute favorite riding album of this year.

The Avett Brothers - The Carpenter. Man that's a great album.

Dude, you had me lost until Mumford and Sons. I've heard of them.

Back