• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ABS light on

SOUTHWESTLONDON

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I have fitted a 12v socket to the bike, so had to disconnect the battery for a bit. But now I notice the ABS light is on all the time. Any ideas?

Where did you get your power source from? Maybe disconnect something and forgot to plug it back it? Recheck your work to see if you might have caused the problem. ABS systems are very reliable and most issues are with a wheel speed sensor or wiring. I had the same issue on a Vstrom I use to have after I high pressure washed the bike.

Howdy from Texas, welcome to the forum. Looks like everyone has already told you the bike must be ridden for a short distance. On the new BMW fuse less GS if you blow a head light bulb, and replace it with a new bulb. You have to drive the bike a short distance, stop turn the key off and then on the bike key for the new bulb to work. The wonderful world of electronics!

+ 1 for starting moving to turn it off...pretty sure the light will turn off as soon as you ride and I'll bet my pay check you have no problem at all and you just didn't notice the ABS light before this time ! :)

Back