• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Add Speed limit and current speed to Google maps with this app

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
So, I love Google maps. But I have LONG missed being able to see the posted speed limit and the current speed I am traveling displayed while using Google maps.

For this reason I would use a dedicated GPS in addition to google maps.

Well.. there is finally an Add-on app that will show you both the listed speed limit of the road you are riding on AND show your current speed. You can also set alerts for it to alert you (Kind of) when you are a set percentage above the speed limit.

The name of the app (available in the Google play store), is Velociraptor - Map Speed Limit

It works only when you have Google maps Navigating a route for you. Just opening Google maps will not activate it.

The speed appears on a little speed limit sign along with your current speed. You can move it around on your screen and put it wherever you want.

Just thought I would share the good news!

TomTom Go Mobile for Android ($21.99/y) shows actual speed with sound or voice warnings when speeding.

I will occasionally use Waze when I'm in the cage. My phone is out of site when on two wheels. Waze is a social GPS app depending on input from other drivers. I've found it much more useful than Google. It has speed and limit.

I will occasionally use Waze when I'm in the cage. My phone is out of site when on two wheels. Waze is a social GPS app depending on input from other drivers. I've found it much more useful than Google. It has speed and limit.
Actually Google owns Waze and has been adding features of ways to Google maps for the past year or two. Haven't got around to reading the speed and speed limit yet though. I believe they have been adding some features from Google Maps in two ways also.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk

Back