• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

adventure rides??

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
who of you have ridden on dirt tracks camping etc on a x-dct.
the guy who might be buying my bike will be using it for green laning which is similar to dirt track but not as rough?
any info etc will be appreciated and for me to pass on.
I said to him it has 3 modes and with it not having a clutch lever less chance of burning the clutch out.
so I'll leave it to you guys to what you think.

DCT on dirt: Pros
1. No stalling
2. Automatic driving modes- twist and go; concentrate on lines rather than shifting
3. Automatic clutch slipping/engine braking
4. Fuel economy- no worries about gas
5. Parking brake can be used on incline to take a power nap, take photos, etc.:rolleyes:
6. Frunk put all you need for green laning

Cons:
Always on ABS- can be defeated
No clutch control- very few situ where it's absolutely necessary

I have a 2014 NC700XD...DCT Model. I have packed it up like a mule with my camping stuff and ridden off road for hundreds of miles with no issues at all AND I have also single tracked the NC in some tight stuff.

Things it needs: Correct Tires for the Job, Skid Plate A MUST, Barkbusters to save knuckles and brake lever, Radiator Cover cause its pretty exposed, Fender Extender to keep crap off fender and overheating, and Engine Guards to keep bike from getting damaged in drops.

Here are 2 videos you can pass on or send him to my YouTube Channel of VMan1313 Adventures for him to see my NC in tons off road action.

[video=youtube;LoYQpiH4XcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoYQpiH4XcU[/video]

[video=youtube;Z9sdA_5aflA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9sdA_5aflA[/video]

DCT on dirt: Pros
1. No stalling
2. Automatic driving modes- twist and go; concentrate on lines rather than shifting
3. Automatic clutch slipping/engine braking
4. Fuel economy- no worries about gas
5. Parking brake can be used on incline to take a power nap, take photos, etc.:rolleyes:
6. Frunk put all you need for green laning

Cons:
Always on ABS- can be defeated
No clutch control- very few situ where it's absolutely necessary

GA boys are up early huh? Hahaha!

I second DCTFANs list as well.

that was a quick input.
he intend to put knobbly tyres and sump guard as well as new footrest.
the ones that has teeth on top but I'm sure you know what I mean.
he has a business near me ,he does mostly trial bikes etc and he is clued up on engines etc.
he put the UK MOT test on it and it passed. so he knows my bike as well as me.lol

Back