• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adventures of Nana Chou - Best little cotton pickin ride in Texas!

This is a technique Goldwing riders have used for years. Turn the front wheel by the handlebars full stop towards the side the kick stand is on. On the NC700 towards the left. Stand looking forward to the front of the bike on the kick stand side of the bike at the drivers seat position you wish to get on the bike at. With your right hand grab the left handlebar grip, give the bike a firm pull towards you to make sure that the kickstand is firmly set. Now holding the left handlebar grip firm with your right hand, place your body weight on your left leg, move your right leg into the air over the bike and over the seat between the back rest and seat. Now just slide onto the seat as normal. At first is will scare you. Once you have done this a few times it becomes natural. And, soon you will find this to be the way you get onto all motorcycles, with or without a drivers back rest. This way you have checked the stability of every thing before you get on. No more parking lot turn overs! I'll get some picks, showing even a short (29" inseam), fat, ugly guy can do this.

on.jpg
Open2.jpg
Open3.jpg
Open4.jpg

This is with a shoulder that was dislocated on July 3rd, and still has discomfort.

Last edited:
With your right hand grab the left handlebar grip, give the bike a firm pull towards you to make sure that the kickstand is firmly set.

Now holding the left handlebar grip firm with your right hand, place your body weight on your left leg, move your right leg into the air over the bike and over the seat between the back rest and seat.

Why would you put your right hand on the left grip to do this? That sounds all manner of fubar, lol. I know I couldn't do it without injury...;)

If I am unable to get on the bike normally for some reason, I just stand on the left footpeg with my left foot, swing my right leg over, and get on that way.

At first this will scare you. Once you have done this a few times it becomes natural. And, soon you will find this to be the way you get onto all motorcycles, with or without a drivers back rest. This way you have checked the stability of every thing before you get on. You have pulled the bike hard into the side stand, and you know it will hold. No more parking lot turn overs! I'll get some picks, showing even a short (29" inseam), fat, ugly guy can do this.

on.jpg
Open2.jpg
Open3.jpg
Open4.jpg

This is with a shoulder that was dislocated on July 3rd, and still has discomfort.

Last edited:
Huh! :eek:

I would have never in a million years, ever thought to do it that way myself! :eek:

The pictures perfectly illustrate your point, thanks mate :D

Have you tried getting on the bike like the old cowboys got on their horses in the wild west movies? You know jumping from the second floor onto the horse and that riding off... Or running up and vaulting over the back of the horse into the saddle (quite a feet with the baggage on the back of your bike, but it's be an impressive way to ride off.)

p.s. I've watched my father do this from the opposite side on his bikes... that way he can hold the front brake down so nothing rolls or slip on him... also he can lean into the bike a little more since the kickstand will keep the bike from falling.

Last edited:
That is only in the movies. Real cowboys know to get on to any horse (being a mustang, or a steel pony) slowly. Otherwise, it will buck you plum off. And some times it will just buck you off anyway, because horses just don't need a reason. Yes, there is just no reasoning with steel horses, but we still let me get into our blood, and we love them.

Real cowboys know to get on to any horse (being a mustang, or a steel pony) slowly. Otherwise, it will buck you plum off.
Nonsense. Jumping out of the second story window would injure you and the horse, so best steer clear of that. But I've jumped up onto my boy's back plenty quick enough, and he's never bucked me off for it - or any other reason (he's only ever lost me accidentally).
I perform a similar mount as you suggest when Chupa is fully loaded. Though I put my left hand on the left grip, not my right.

I would have to hold onto the handlebar with my left hand because I would need my right hand to lift my right leg up like that!

Having recently fitted the center stand, I am having fun mounting the bike flat-footed while it is up on the stand. Feels like I'm sitting on a much bigger bike and I get some idea of what the riders who are inseam-challenged must feel like at red lights. They're braver than I am.

You can set flat footed while on the center stand? I don't believe any of my toes will touch the ground when on center stand. How tall are you? You must be a giant in Japan!

I'm not sure I would be brave enough to even try that. Pretty sure my toes would be the only thing touching.

You can set flat footed while on the center stand? I don't believe any of my toes will touch the ground when on center stand. How tall are you? You must be a giant in Japan!

I meant I can get a leg over it without standing on a peg or jumping out a second-story window. Once I'm on the bike with it on the center stand only my toes and the balls of my feet contact the ground. Quite a different feeling for a guy who is used to having both feet flat on the ground and both knees well bent while on the bike.

That makes sense now OCR, I had an idea that I'd have to lift my right leg above the level of the seat and then hop toward it like a can-can girl. Your way is a little less embarrassing!
Is dismounting just a reversal?

That is correct. If you have a passenger, always have the passenger get on the bike first. For the passenger you fold down the driver backrest. Passenger also always gets on the bike on the kickstand side.

You may have to explain to some that they were taking the cotton TO the gin and not turning it INTO gin!!
Some of us northerners when arriving in Texas may stop at a cotton gin like it was a winery.

Living in Pennsylvania I see mountains and rolling hills everywhere.
That sure is a different world being so flat down there!
Makes one understand Christopher Columbus flat earth theory a little better.

Thanks for sharing.
I really enjoyed it.
And I love the way your NC is done up with the trunk and extra fuel on the back.
Is that just a regular trunk on back like a Givi?
Are the fuel cells connected directly to the trunk or separate?

Might need to change your moniker from Old Can Ride to Old Can Fly!!

God bless and ride safe!!

Michael

You may have to explain to some that they were taking the cotton TO the gin and not turning it INTO gin!!
Some of us northerners when arriving in Texas may stop at a cotton gin like it was a winery.

Living in Pennsylvania I see mountains and rolling hills everywhere.
That sure is a different world being so flat down there!
Makes one understand Christopher Columbus flat earth theory a little better.

Thanks for sharing.
I really enjoyed it.
And I love the way your NC is done up with the trunk and extra fuel on the back.
Is that just a regular trunk on back like a Givi?
Are the fuel cells connected directly to the trunk or separate?

Might need to change your moniker from Old Can Ride to Old Can Fly!!

God bless and ride safe!!

Michael

Nana Chou accessories on the bike at all times:

Rox Riser “2”
J&M Drink Holder
Trackside Aluminum Hand Guard Kit with Shields
Mirror Extenders
2 Bike Master Power Outlets - One on handle bars, one in frunk
Kuryakyn Iphone Handlebar Mount
Universal Vista Cruise Control
Cramp Buster
Utopia Back Rest
Rivco 7/8” Highway Peg mounts for GL1800
Rivco Anti Vibration Pegs Black Powder Coat
Givi Engine Guards
Givi Trekker Fog Lights
Givi Trekker 33 liter Saddlebags
Givi Trekker 54 liter Trunk
Givi Trekker truck and saddlebag mount
2 Koplin 1 ½ gal Fuel Pack Jr with Mount
Rotoplax Universal Double Mounting Plate
Terapump TRFA01 4 AA Battery Powered Transfer Fuel Pump
¾ Square tube Homemade Gas tank mounts
2 Tool tubes mounted Inside Givi Racks
2 Welding Rod storage tubes on Rear Rack
Honda Center Stand
Hepco & Becker Skid Plate
First gear DC Coax Jack Panel Mount w/ 8in Coax Plug Cable
Iphone
First Gear Laguna Mini Hard Tank Bag
Copland Seat
National Cycle Vsteam Touring Tall Clear Windshield
Bell Compass
Go Pro Hero 3+
Selfie Stick
U Clear 200 Communication System
AFX FX140 Helmet

In Frunk at all Times:
Rachet Set
Assorted tools in Bag
Slime Comp03 12 Volt Tire Inflator Pump with Gage and Light
Motion Pro Chain Breaker Press and Riveting Tool With an extra chain link

And last: One short, fat, and ugly old man who doctors and wife think they can keep from riding for 3 weeks because of eye lid operation.

Operation.jpg

Back