• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Advice re touring luggage?

I took my top trekker box to a locksmith to replace the tumbler for $10. Me and tiny parts don't get along well lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I realize I'm late on this thread but figured I'd share my recent experience with luggage. I ordered the Givi Outback Trekker from motostorm. While it was not the smoothest process, it was well worth the over $800 in savings! My philosophy with luggage size is the same as it is with fuel. I may think I need more, but reality is... I don't. If I do any ride where I will not come within reach of a gas station within the 200+ mile range of a full tank, I need a new route. If I think I have to have more covered, sealed and lockable storage, then I need a new route or stage/ship my belongings to the next town so I can replenish throughout the route.

It's all about planning, take only what you need..... no.... what you need. If I'm tight on space, do I really need stuff to make coffee? Yes. Yes I do, lets not be silly put that back in there. But seriously, pack only what you need. The nice thing about the Givi Outback Trekkers, there are lots of locations to strap additional things to the cases. I just did a four day camping ride and I still had room for quite a bit more than I took. Yeah I had to strap the tent to the top, but who cares, that's what they are made to do.20161014_064128.jpg20161014_173821.jpg20161016_162503.jpg20161017_084414.jpg

I've found the advice of one of my favorite author/adventurers, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, to be valuable in many areas of my life, including packing for motorcycle travel. He said, "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

That is whole pile of awesome! Well played. :cool:

bc51021e0f7f042642d99c7359a46a59.jpg

I thought maybe some of you might be curious what the OP of this thread wound up doing. I decided on Givi Trekker Outback cases, 37L side and a 42L top and ordered them from Motostorm in Italy. They arrived in about a week or 10 days. I obtained mounts for the panniers from Motorcycle Superstore, and the brackets and M8 plate for the top box from RevZilla. No problems, no delays, excellent service from all three suppliers. Here's the result, pretty plain compared to many contributors' bikes on this thread... but I'm just getting started!20161026_164835sc.jpg

I thought maybe some of you might be curious what the OP of this thread wound up doing. I decided on Givi Trekker Outback cases, 37L side and a 42L top and ordered them from Motostorm in Italy. They arrived in about a week or 10 days. I obtained mounts for the panniers from Motorcycle Superstore, and the brackets and M8 plate for the top box from RevZilla. No problems, no delays, excellent service from all three suppliers. Here's the result, pretty plain compared to many contributors' bikes on this thread... but I'm just getting started!View attachment 31921

I did the exact same thing. Bought the racks from revzilla in case something went wrong. You will love having all the space, especially if you like to camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back