• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

After market exhaust that sounds good but not loud?

telecam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been researching an after market that sounds better than Honda's very dull factory can but is not too loud and annoying to my environment. I am down to 3 choices:

- Miiv Suono
- GPR GPE
- Delkevic Stubby 17" Carbon Fiber Tri-Oval

There are video clips here and there online but you can hardly tell how loud those things are. Any thoughts or comparisons between models listed above?

Thanks.

+1 Delkevic - I bought the 14" Stubby stainless oval tho. Love it! Not at all loud, but does give the bike some personality.... I go to work very early AM and it wouldn't be cool to wake the neighbors. I just like that it sounds like a motorcycle now without being at all obnoxious. I kept the baffle in too....

I know it's not one you have listed, but I have the Two Bros. and love it. It can get louder on full throttle but nothing that's annoying. Normal cruising I can barley hear it above speeds of 65, that's with a tall windscreen and full face helmet. Just my two cents.

+1 for the Ixil. I looked at GPR also but if you're concerned about being too loud I would avoid the GPR. From what I've read on here is that they are pretty loud. The Ixil sounds great and with the DB killer's in (which come with it) it's just right.

I'm running the Yoshimura, without the DB killer, and no one has complained at all about noise.

Do you have neighbors that would tell you your bike is too loud or would they just be pissed at you without saying anything? I'd think the latter.

Do you have neighbors that would tell you your bike is too loud or would they just be pissed at you without saying anything? I'd think the latter.

I concur. I also running the Yoshimura but have the DB killer installed and it's quiet with a nice note. The OP should have it on his short list.

My vid, Leovince without DB Killer. Silent at low rev but Beast when you pull the throttle, I rarely use the horn.

[video]https://youtu.be/Iak2FWLw8WE[/video]

[Nope, it's still one of the quieter bikes of the 6 or so in the neighborhood.]

Noise is pretty subjective unless you're using a dB meter to test its levels.

When I ran an school that offered MSF courses, I eventually outlawed all aftermarket mufflers and pipes....no exceptions. Guys who wanted to take the class would plead their case by saying "If you think mine is loud you should hear my friend's bike." I didn't buy it. :-(

Last edited:
[Nope, it's still one of the quieter bikes of the 6 or so in the neighborhood.]

Noise is pretty subjective unless you're using a dB meter to test its levels.

When I ran an school that offered MSF courses, I eventually outlawed all aftermarket mufflers and pipes....no exceptions. Guys who wanted to take the class would plead their case by saying "If you think mine is loud you should hear my friend's bike." I didn't buy it. :-(

Seems arbitrary, particularly given your mention of dB. I would imagine there are bikes with aftermarket pipes that are quieter than some stock bikes. Of course I respect your right to restrict enrollement for any reason at all (not joking).

Related: I wonder how accurate those smartphone dB apps are?

There was a convalescent home across the street from the training center and I certainly didn't want them calling City Hall to complain about me.

I seriously doubt if there are any aftermarket exhaust that are quieter than stock. People pay money to hear more noise not to make it quieter. Creating that rule, meant that just about all HOG chapters stop using my training center but such is life. :-(

The reality is that if I offered a sound test before someone could take a class on their own bike, very few guys would take the offer. Most would just decide to take the class elsewhere where their aftermarket exhaust was not a concern.

Last edited:
I am running a Leo Vince with the DB killer installed. It has a nice pleasant tone. I can't hear it at all at highway cruise speeds which is how I like it.

Back