• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aftermarket Exhaust

DanMoto CarbonGP

Good:

-very economical on purchase cost!
-super easy to fit
-incredibly lightweight
-physically small
-sounds like a sporty 90* VTwin (drool)
-quiet at idle
-deep bass booming on heavier throttle and engine compression braking
-I prefer the look of black versus chrome or silver, don't mind carbon fibre if not too "blingy" or overdone
-seems relatively well made and quality above it's price point
-choice to install slightly quieter (lol) baffle if optionally purchased

Bad:

-it's...loud with the baffle in
-it's ear bleeding loud with the baffle out
-it's a wee bit longer than the OEM muffler, even though smaller diametre, so this could possibly effect saddle bag fitments of some brands. (My Trax 37 litre aluminum boxes work fine with it)
-it looks like an add on muffler, doesn't really go with the NCX styling IMHO. I think I like the angular shape of the DanMoto "Jisu" model, truth be told, if it were offered in carbon for the same price.
-doesn't have a tab to keep the Centrestand from clacking into the rear shock links (this is pretty easily remedied though)
-to add or remove the baffle, one must undo the muffler at the inlet side of slip on joint, and the passenger footpeg bracket stay bolt, rather than just one bolt at the exhaust end of the muffler like some other mufflers

Eventually when I (sigh...) get around to finishing the other ten million things on my "to do" list, I would like to look into wrapping the baffle in a bit of sound damping insulation for a slightly more civilized decibel output.

$T2eC16N,!ygE9s7HHqhOBRVUz-hmGg~~60_1.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone doing an Akrapovic? I have one on my Piaggio 500 and one on my BV250 that I am doing the 2014 Hyder, AK to New Orleans. (Also KTM uses them on their Dakar bikes and Audi runs them on the Le Mans LMP1 cars0

I really like them and wonder if any of the NC700/750 riders are using this.

Anyone doing an Akrapovic? I have one on my Piaggio 500 and one on my BV250 that I am doing the 2014 Hyder, AK to New Orleans. (Also KTM uses them on their Dakar bikes and Audi runs them on the Le Mans LMP1 cars0

I really like them and wonder if any of the NC700/750 riders are using this.

i have run this pipe on my last two nc and really like it. Adds some exhaust note, makes it sound like a twin, and is not loud. Dale

I am running an aluminum Leo Vince with baffle insert. Fit and finish are excellent, and it is designed to accept the rubber center stand stop. The noise level for me is perfect; not too loud, not too quite, just right. I can hear a deep throaty sound running through the gears, but once on the highway it is not annoying in the least, even at 75 mph. It was too loud for me without the baffle insert. It still looks brand new after 7500 miles on it.

I have been very pleased with it and would purchase again if needed.

Has anyone noticed a performance gain with the aftermarket muffler. Anyone running a fuel controller? I have a CS One exhaust on my FZ1 with a custom map on a Juice Box Pro controller and it was good for around 25hp.

I'm running the Leo Vince Carbon:

It's a pretty mature slip on... EXCELLENT build quality, with the baffle in it's not obnoxiously loud but it does add a good bit of character to the engine. I run it with the baffle out, which is starting to get old. It's not crazy loud, and it's a pretty mature sound, but it robs some of the smoothness of the engine. You can feel the vibrations through the footpegs, which wears you out on longer trips. Maybe I'm getting old, the smoothness of the stocker really make a difference when riding long distances. It's a great slip on though, and it looks awesome. I can't emphasize how well it is built.

Not a very good picture, maybe I can scrounge up a close up.

A buddy of mine runs a Leo Vince on this FZ6 and the sound transformed the bike. Build quality is excellent but for the FZ6 it was around $650 but mind you that was for two mufflers. I really liked the sound.

Leo Vince Cat Eliminator with stock end can. Better performance than any slip-on, better sound from stock exhaust, cheaper than most end cans. Took someone's advice on here and tried it and I'm very happy with the performance/sound improvement. If you want really loud, you'll need a new end can. Or get the best and do both for a full Leo Vince exhaust system.

Back