• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ah......:)

Jarvis

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally after not riding to work for the 4th week in a row, in the "wet state" GA where all the frogs are drowning.
I rode in this morning and it was magical, somewhat refreshing......:)
Damn, I'm tired of all this rain.......

well, its not raining here. But just too much work.
Hardly get time with the bike. Finished last saturday putting in LED in my givi top case.
This saturday, I am hoping for time to start with my aux LED lights. Probably won't be able to finish it, but will try.

Ken

I wish i could say the same of TX! Its 110 with little rain over the past three months, we NEED rain - the frogs are gettin dehydrated!

Finally after not riding to work for the 4th week in a row, in the "wet state" GA where all the frogs are drowning.
I rode in this morning and it was magical, somewhat refreshing......:)
Damn, I'm tired of all this rain.......
0.jpg

Answer to problem: Ride in rain, a lot cooler in summer time.

smileyRain.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
So how much do you have to adjust your riding in the rain? Do you have to keep fully upright in turns? I took my BRC in the pouring rain but we were only put-putting around. Not at any speed.

No, you don't need to remain fully upright in turns though you do need to slow down and pay a little more attention. Wheel ruts with standing water can cause hydroplaning at speed so you need to avoid hazards like those. Some tires behave better in the wet than others and you need to pay attention and learn to ride on the wheels you have.

So how much do you have to adjust your riding in the rain? Do you have to keep fully upright in turns? I took my BRC in the pouring rain but we were only put-putting around. Not at any speed.

Depends on your riding skill and experience. I have ridden the Dragon in the rain, leaning over in the turns (not as much as dry pavement but close). An old racer once told me, as long as it is not a gully washer, you have 75% of traction on wet roads and you do dry roads.

It is crazy weather, end of July and at 128pm in the afternoon in Louisville Ky and it is only 73'F, and sunny. Last year the farmers in the midwest lost crops due to drought, this year they are losing crops due to too much rain; saturated ground, flash flooding, etc...

Depends on your riding skill and experience. I have ridden the Dragon in the rain, leaning over in the turns (not as much as dry pavement but close). An old racer once told me, as long as it is not a gully washer, you have 75% of traction on wet roads and you do dry roads.

Wow, 75%, I wouldn't have thought that.

The main thing is to ride smoothly with no aggressive braking or accelerating. In the UK we think of riding in the rain as (almost) everyday riding :).
I remember some years ago an American racer ( I can't remember which one) winning a wet GP in S Africa and when asked how he went so well just smiled and said " It's my first time in the and nobody told me you had to slow down"

If we ride often enough we are going to find ourselves riding in the rain at some point and the more confidence we have in our preparation leads to greater safety. Good tires provide 75 to 80% of the dry tire traction after a good rain washes the accumulation of oil and grease off the pavement. Avoid painted lines and man hole covers and have fun. I actually like riding in the rain as long as it isn't lightning.

So you have a quite acceptable weather in a 2 year average :)

We have no rain since 2 weeks and it wont rain for the next 2 months. But the daily maximum temp. is about 85-90F and above that.

All I noticed in rainy conditions, when there is fresh rain and some dirt on the road it is very slippery. After 10 minutes light rain the road will be clear but wet and the handling of the bike nearyl remains the same. Of course, the white road marks and crossroads' rails are just like ice.
One of my collegue dropped the bike 2 weeks ago on a wet tram rail and he was scratched pretty hard. Wearing no gear but helmet due to the hot weather. It could had saved him much more ...

I feel your pain, Jarvis. I was in ATL last week for a conference and saw the craziest thunderstorms rolling thru. I was in Philips Arena when the lightening struck, damaged the roof and temporarily knocked out the AV system. I also got stuck in the airport for 5 hrs on Saturday due to thunderstorm/lightening. It's been a weird summer in Georgia this year for sure.

It really is crazy
2 years ago NO RAIN all summer Lake Lanier (about 40K acres) was down 19ft

This year 3ft above full pool.........

It's good to hear that Lanier is all filled up. We lived in Duluth several years ago and I often rode up to Duford Dam and around Lake Lanier. I remember seeing the water level dropped at Lanier, exposing different layers of rocks and dirt. I think there were some talk of water shortage...

Here's a video of the Buford ride - my favorite Saturday morning loop ride while living there.

[video=youtube;-mVTeynaqmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mVTeynaqmg[/video]

My son and family lived in Athens, GA for about 10 years (moved to Utah 2 years ago). It seemed whenever we visited them in GA they were always in a drought. What happened? We haven't had any rain in Oregon for nearly 2 months now. Go figure.

Back