• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ah......:)

Finally after not riding to work for the 4th week in a row, in the "wet state" GA where all the frogs are drowning.
I rode in this morning and it was magical, somewhat refreshing......:)
Damn, I'm tired of all this rain.......

Having no other wheels, when I get ready to go to work and find it raining I just grab my rain gear out of the top box, suit up, and go. As I live only 6km from work the suiting up and removing the gear at work end up taking more time than the ride.

On rainy days when it is time to go home I catch all the "Oooh! It's raining!!! What are going to do?"

I'm going to suit up and get on about my business without whining about it, that's what I'm going to do. I don't recall the event myself but I have it on good authority that I was born wet. They toweled me off. I lived. I have survived a great many subsequent drenching and drying cycles. I dare say I'll survive a few more without getting worked up over it.

Mike I do have other wheels.......That's why I don't ride when it rains or has the likeliness of raining. I'm glad you love riding in the rain and have the gear to do so...3 lines later you speak of we were born wet....and they toweled you off... why not go back to that time then... ride in without the gear and just "towel off" went you get to work, who knows maybe next time you are walking in the rain getting soaked and everyone else in Japan is dry under their umbrella they will see you and remember that magical moment of their birth and toss those useless umbrellas to the side......maybe you could tell them to stop whining....don't get worked up over it...its just water.....
I would dare to say that if it was coming a downpour where you live and had to choose to ride in to work on your bike or drive a car(if you had one)....you would pick the car...
As for bring born wet.....if god wanted us to live wet he would have left us in the ocean....

My post(s) was just that....a post... a conversation about life on the NC....nothing that has or will ever get me worked up.....

Mike
BTW
In the "New Post" section a lot of folks have and are replacing the stock seat because it is not something they like....if you don't mind(and I'm sure you wont) could you please tell them to stop whining and get over it....I'm sure in the end they and myself will all thank you

I didn't criticize you or anyone else for their choices, Jarvis. I spoke strictly about myself. I can't understand why you chose to take my similarly simple conversational rambling as some sort of personal criticism or attack. It certainly wasn't intended that way.

In answer to your questions, though, the same state of poverty which prevents me owning both a car and a motorcycle also would prevent me owning enough changes of clothes to implement your suggestion regarding not bothering to suit up. We have an officially declared "rainy season" here, followed by typhoon season (yes, I ride to work in typhoons too), and at work they expect me to be somewhat dry and reasonably presentable.

I 100% agree with you, keep clear of the Interstate in the rain, the 18 wheels throw too much water. However, use the roads that were there before the interstate was thought off. A lot better scenery, lay back speeds, you meet more folks, and fun
1.jpg

smileyRain.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
When your short, fat, and ugly like me you don't have to worry about that word, "presentable". Are was the word "work"? Either way, I don't do either.
0.jpg

smileyfisherman.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
One more thing Jarvis, since your post made me think of it and I hope sometime I can find a sample in YouTube to share with everyone for its comic value.....A standard scene you are guaranteed to see on news broadcasts in Japan during typhoon strikes is people wading through knee-deep water, absolutely thoroughly drenched from head-to-toe, and for some unfathomable reason holding umbrellas, all of which the typhoon winds have ripped the covers off of or bent the frames into grotesque shapes. It is as guaranteed a type of news footage as a trailer park interview is after a tornado is in the U.S.

Back