• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Air hawk seat cushions?

Hi,
Has anyone tried the air hawk seat cushion add ons? AIRHAWK | Latest News in AIRHAWK Comfort Seating System
Would like some feedback... Compared with the gel inserts, Sargent seats
That was mentioned in one of the earlier post...
Thks in advance.

I have one. It is ok, but no solution to the NC seat which, among other things, is shaped wrong. The key to success with an AirHawk is to put as little air in it as possible to solve your problem. If you blow it up big, you will hate it and deduce that it doesn't work. Start letting the air out until it is barely off of the seat. By the way, there are two AirHawks - an original and an AirHawk2 designed to sell at a cheaper price. In my view, the cheaper model is a throwaway item. the bladder is PVC instead of rubber and the valve is prone to breakage.

I have an airhawk and didn't like it on the NC - I think it's because of the forward slope on the 700X seat - this makes you roll down on the airhawk no matter how little air you put in it.
Mike

I have an airhawk and didn't like it on the NC - I think it's because of the forward slope on the 700X seat - this makes you roll down on the airhawk no matter how little air you put in it.
Mike

That is why mine is in the closet. I am now trying a beaded seat like all the Pakistani taxi drivers in Washington DC use. It is better than the AirHawk. You roll into the false tank instead of sliding. The best thing I have tried is a thin saddle outline in Temperfoam inserted into the AirHawk cover. But what it really needs is a complete re-do by a competent custom seat builder. Anything less is a Band-Aid.

I'm looking for a fix for the seat also. I'll probably end up getting the seat modified by Sargent or Mayer or one of the other custom seat builders, but in the meantime I'm somewhat intrigued by the Ergo Custom pad that Bill Mayer Seats has advertised on their web site. The price seems to be about the same as the Airhawk and it looks to have a pretty good amount of contour. If I pull the trigger on one ill post a review.

Bob

That is why mine is in the closet. I am now trying a beaded seat like all the Pakistani taxi drivers in Washington DC use. It is better than the AirHawk. You roll into the false tank instead of sliding. The best thing I have tried is a thin saddle outline in Temperfoam inserted into the AirHawk cover. But what it really needs is a complete re-do by a competent custom seat builder. Anything less is a Band-Aid.
Hmm...seems like I will have to find a seat builder...never heard of one around this region....sigh

I have the cheapie AirHawk2. Seems to work fine for me. I leave it on the seat at all times, deflated. When I'm going more than an hour, I'll stop and blow it a little.
Heyyyoooooo! twss.

I have the Air Hawk and It works great for me. Living in centeral america you kind of have to settle on buying the best to suit the discomfort,online. The comment about using it with least amount air is true. Read the directions that what the product even recommends.
The 3 most dreaded words anywhere on the planet, " read the directions. "

I've used an Airhawk on my VFR for years now. After a 900 mile day and a very sore butt I decided I had to find some relief. My airhawk arrived the day before I was leaving on a 750 ride to Toronto. At the end of that long da,y as I got off the bike, i realized I felt as if I could get right back on and ride back home. My butt was a happy camper.

I can see the forward slope being an issue though. I intend to figure out a way to eliminate that slope when I get my NCX in the weeks/months ahead as I fully intend to ride with my airhawk on it! In my opinion my airhawk was the single best upgrade I have done on my VFR. It has enabled me to ride 900 mile days when before I would never make it past 500 with the hard Seargent seat I had on the VFR. As others have stated.... you only want enough air to just barley keep you from bottoming out on the seat... too much air is what turns people off on Air Hawk cushions. Less is best.....

every one find thing's differently.
I had an airhawk and sorry to say I didn't like it.
to much rolly polly. yes I tried very low air to medium. not for me.

What size Airhawk2 would you recommend for the NCX?

Probably the medium size would be the best. I have a medium, but one of my cats ripped it and I haven't been able to patch it. (big tear) so I am using the airhawk pillion pad, and it working pretty well for me. It also takes care of the forward slope of the seat since the air bubbles in front of you are full of the displaced air pushed out of the bubbles your sitting on.

You should check craigslist too for an airhawk. I was able to find the airhawk pillion on there for only $30 and they even threw in a sheepskin pad as a bonus!

My existing AirHawk worked pretty good. Key was to use the Cruiser shape one and place it far forward. I had it lying around from another bike so I tried it on. I'm still going to order a Shad seat I think, but this works in the meantime. Like someone said previously, key is almost NO air in it.

IMG_4825[1].jpg

Edit: The model shown is the AIRHAWK R, their newer cruiser model 14" x 15".

Last edited:
Back