• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alternate tires/tyres for the NC700XA

oldxfe

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after 19,750 KMs and a couple of spirited burn outs , my stock tires are all but done. I am considering going to a 180/55 rear tire up from the stock 160/60. Does anyone out there know if it will fit ? I do all of my riding on the road.. So im also looking for any input on others that are happy or unhappy with current available rubber .. In the past I've been happy with the Micheline Pilot series on my VFR

Looking forward to some feed back :cool:

I can't comment on your tire size question, but I am quite happy with the Perelli Angel ST I put on the back of my S. It's held up quite well compared to the stock Z8, and as proven to be better in the wet. I'm thinking about putting a set of Angel GTs on in the spring, since my stock front has pretty much had it.

The rear rim is 4.5" in width and 180 section tires are designed to be mounted on rims from 5.5 to 6" in width. A 180/55 would mount on a 4.5" rim but the mounted tire's cross section would not be optimal for wear and handling as the beads would be "pinched" together, pulling the sidewalls inward. The result would be a heavier tire/wheel combo that didn't handle as well as stock. There is no practical advantage to running a 180/55 on this bike.

I have Pilot Road 2's now, and those are going really well. I'm up to 13K on those and not close to the wear bars.
Still at $350 a set, they're not cheap.

I'm considering the "Continental Motion" tires for next time. about $200 for both. Good Reviews all around.
rear=$114
front=$79

I took a close look at my rear tire and realize oops time to change...14,255 out of the Metzler Roadtec. I am replacing them with Shinko 009 Ravens. I have used the ravens on my 94 VFR since 04-2011 about 25k, 1st set changed out at 11k since I was leaving on a 3500 mile trip I wanted to be sure, front lasted 16k 2nd rear was changed out @5.5k due to a nail. I have had no issues at all with them in the dry or wet, commuting or sport riding through the twisties :cool: I have gotten better mileage with pirelli diablos (about 16k on the vfr) so I divided cost by mileage and the ravens at 12k work out to 1.325 cents per mile while the pirelli's cost 1.33 cents per mile. I just ordered the Shinkos $159.00 for the pair shipped, the diablo's cost $213.00 I will update this thread as the mileage accumulates. I am hoping to get more mileage with the NC over the VFR due to my wrist being pretty tame on the NC.

Been looking at tire reviews for awhile. Anyone tried a Metzler Z-6 instead of the stock Z-8. I'd like max tire life in ultra hot conditions.

Hi. I'm also shopping New tires but want a little bit more enduring style than the stock Bridgestone BT-023 hoops. Looking at Metzeler Tourance and Continental Trail Attack 2 as well as the Avon Distanzia dual sport. Any input or opinions from those who have ridden any of these would be greatly appreciated. I ride a pretty honest 85-15% street vs gravel roads. No big trips with lots of gear, just me (260#) and a briefcase, maybe even 80-20%…
Thanks

Back