• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Amazingly protective glove located!

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
So after deciding on my new boots I needed to figure out my summer gloves In typical fashion I’ve scoured the internet looking for just the right one. I finally think I found it!
The heroic racing short cuff glove. All kangaroo chassis, stingray leather palm sliders and a stainless steel knuckle guard. The most impressive thing I found though was that all the seams are double stitched. Have never seen a glove like that before. All of this for only 125$. Which I think is pretty cool. Has anyone else had experience with this company before?

Not I. I have some kangaroo-palm gloves (and a set of all-cowhide) with a full Kevlar liner, double Knox palm sliders, and tested and passed the old (MUCH tougher) 2002 version of EN 13594 for cut resistance, tear resistance, seam burst, and abrasion resistance. The part-Kangaroo ones are gauntlet gloves, and cost ~$150 7 years ago. The all-cowhides are short-cuff and cost ~$90 in that same timeframe. These came from a company that was barely a company. It was a guy who spent a lot of time getting the Pakistanis to do the work correctly every time, and CE testing at an accredited lab.

That tells us it’s possible to have GOOD, PROTECTIVE gloves at a good price (BTW, they went out of business because their price was too low and they didn’t really do marketing).

If this outfit has all-kangaroo, no Kevlar, and they cost $125 today, it’s possible. One hopes they’re doing a _good_ job with the seams, stitching, and enforcement of quality control. It’s unlikely, in my opinion, but it’s possible. I’m interested to hear what you think of them over time!

Last edited:
They have a Gauntlet glove as well but it is 300$ and not really my style. I’ll let you know if I get it!

I'm guessing it is this glove?

I'm not a huge fan of the steel knuckles, the back of hand tends to take an impact but not to slide. For my uses only, I'd prefer a D30 or similar material for impact. That is just a personal preference.

No clue about the brand, quality, etc. I hope they are as good as you hope.

Yes it’s that one. I’m not sure about the physics (though I suspect you’re right). I hope so too. Still waffling a little bit I like the look and the fact they’re a little shop and not one of the big boys. Plus the Knox gloves I really wanted got discontinued. Such is my luck.

Here's an option that's much lower cost, but I suspect very similarly-protective:

They're just 'leftovers' from the company that used to build the ultra-protective CE-tested gloves. These are NOT built like those. They're built more like other gloves on the market.

Here's an option that's much lower cost, but I suspect very similarly-protective:

They're just 'leftovers' from the company that used to build the ultra-protective CE-tested gloves. These are NOT built like those. They're built more like other gloves on the market.
They do look nice. Though after a fair bit of soul searching I think I’m going with gauntlet gloves after all. Money be damned on this one. I like my hands

Reactions: MZ5
I am in the hunt for a good summer weight glove. I have some decent Cortech heavy leather gloves that make me feel safe, but anything over 70 degrees and my hands get really sweaty. Anybody know of some good breathable summer weight gloves that still check off all the safety boxes?

I am in the hunt for a good summer weight glove. I have some decent Cortech heavy leather gloves that make me feel safe, but anything over 70 degrees and my hands get really sweaty. Anybody know of some good breathable summer weight gloves that still check off all the safety boxes?
I use Dianese Air Master gloves and find they are fairly protective, light and breathe well. Knuckles are reinforced with soft armor. Palm slider reinforced. Gloves certified to CE Cat. II PrEN 13594 Standard Level 1.
Would not say they are the most protective mesh glove out there but I like them and find them comfortable and protective enough.

The Dianese Corbin Air is very similar, but made with perforated leather, only slightly more expensive, if you prefer leather to synthetic.

Racer brand: guide gloves.
Got a bit of everything. Not gauntlet but definitely protective

No, I do not. The current CE glove standard is a waste of time, as proven by the fact that most any mesh-type glove passes.

Racer brand generally has good gloves. In a general way, RS Taichi leather goods are...uh...good, so maybe their gloves are, too(?). Some Held gloves are good, though I hear some are not as good. Helimot gloves are probably good, if Helmut is still making them. The ones with the kevlar on the back of the hand should be quite high airflow, too, but I think he's not making those now. I'd personally look Racer, Held, Helimot, or Motoport (if they have any left in your size), if I wanted good protection.

With regards to gloves, what happens when they get wet? Are certain leathers more resilient from getting caught in the rain than others? I’ve only really used deerskin in the past and it dries just fine. I’ve read that a good downpour can damage cow, goat or kangaroo leather.

When they get wet, the water soaks through and you get wet, too, assuming they get wet enough. If they get quite wet, the leather may become stiff once it dries. I had a pair of European-brand gloves that happened to. I've also had it happen to many leather work gloves over the years. Sometimes that will go away, especially if you condition the leather. Sometimes it won't (not all the way). _Usually_ this happens (the gloves get stiff after getting very wet) when they're a little older and the leather has lost some or much of its 'moisture' (oils and such, I guess?).

Leather loses strength with wet-dry cycles. Eventually it's not much good in a crash, even if it is still in one piece and seems to be the original thickness, etc. The rate or degree of degradation seems to me to vary. Maybe tanning or dying processes have an impact on that. I'm not positive.

For a summer fair weather glove I am considering upgrading my Dianese to this glove from Klim.

For a summer fair weather glove I am considering upgrading my Dianese to this glove from Klim.

Those look nice. They would pair nicely with my Klim Induction jacket. I would love to get my hands on a pair to check out before I dropped $150 on them though. It's not that I doubt they are well made or tough, I just worry they are so well made they would still be a little on the warm side for summer. If you end up getting them you have to let us know how they do in the heat.

With regards to gloves, what happens when they get wet? Are certain leathers more resilient from getting caught in the rain than others? I’ve only really used deerskin in the past and it dries just fine. I’ve read that a good downpour can damage cow, goat or kangaroo leather.
You might consider getting yourself a pair of 3-digit rain covers from Aerostich. Take up minimal space, keep you dry and have a squeegee for your visor

Back