• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Americade June 7-11, 2016

Are you going to Americade in June? If so count me in! I like the way the folks from the area show up for the parade. The Comet is a must if you have not ridden it!

Last edited:
Hummmm interested....about 500 km from home, would be fun to meet some members here.
What about a NC team ?
No discrimination, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 manual or DCT, 700 or 750, red, gray or black or any color you like... :D

Look like there is much cool rides too...
Did you go there a long time ago OCR ?
A couple more question if I can:
How many days did you spent there ? Looks like you can spend the weeks , there is so much to ride/see
Did you camp or hotel/motel? Must be crowded in any case...

I have ridden the area and points north in the past but don't have any Americade stories. Having grown up a few hours NNW of Lake George I can say this is an awesome area to visit and ride in nearly any direction. I've tossed out some requests to friends and relatives in the area for camping space. More later....

Look like there is much cool rides too...
Did you go there a long time ago OCR ?
A couple more question if I can:
How many days did you spent there ? Looks like you can spend the weeks , there is so much to ride/see
Did you camp or hotel/motel? Must be crowded in any case...

I'm interested in attending Americade. It would be the first time for me. My main concern will be where to stay. Does anyone know what the camping options are at this event?

My father and I used to do Americade every year when I lived in upstate NY. He would ride up from Alabama on his GL1500. Beautiful riding area. What we finally decided (and liked much better) was to go up and ride / stay in the area the week before Americade where we could enjoy the area with less distractions and didn't have to wait in a long line for food services or pay premium for accommodations. We got along fine without seeing and hearing all the pirates and spent most of our time west and north of there in the Adirondacks.

My wife was still riding the last time I went to Americade, so we stay in a hotel. However, there is camping, and I do prefer camping. I like being there during the rally, as there are so many things to do. Yes, it is somewhat crowded, but not all that bad when compared to other rallies. I always have had a very good time at this rally. Like Freetoo said," Upstate NY at its finest".

Last edited:
I was at Americade in 2008 and stayed for the week at a campground about 10 miles north of the village. I drove my popup camper to the campground then went home to Vermont to get my Honda Silver Wing. The picture in my avatar was taken that week on Route 9N outside the village, I had a great time. If you're thinking of going sign up at the Americade web site now. A lot of the people I met at the rally said they had made reservations at the end of the previous year's rally.

Back