• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

American Honda Finance

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys I'm dying here waiting to buy my NC!

I'm buying a resale and the owner financed with American Honda Finance. He paid the loan off about 10 days ago and we're waiting on the lien release to come through. Right now DMV is saying they havent gotten the release yet and wont print him out a title.

Does anyone have experience on how long this process should take? I'm not going to purchase bike unless I get a signed title so I have to wait.

At this rate my accessories will arrive before the bike!

Craig

Seems like the times I've gone though the Honda finance playoffs they usually took 2 to 3 weeks. I'd suggest you ask the seller to call Honda Finance and see if they'll expedite the paperwork. If the seller kept any copies of the payment slips, the phone number for Honda Finance and the loan number should be printed on them. The good news is that for Florida they normally do an electronic title so you won't have to wait for a paper copy to come in the mail.
The short answer is contact the finance company.

Hope this helps and good luck,
Bob

Waiting 10 days for bank or finance company is not uncommon..............they are very careful and now wait for funds to clear. Even certified funds and bank checks are double checked and have clearing time due to "copied checks" etc etc.

Not to mention mail time and business days. Some states titles are stored offsite by the bank and not with the owner.

Bob if it takes two to three weeks I'm going to have an aneurism! The seller called Honda today and they told him they sent the release to DMV so he's gonna call DMV again tomorrow. Hopefully by mid-week the bike will be in my garage.

Craig

Honda quite often takes about 30 days to get the paper back to the first owner or dealership, which ever is the case. Just about standard in the entire industry. The state the bike is purchased in sends the original title with lienholder to the finance company. Once paid off usually with dealer check, the finance company sends the title to the 1st owner who paid the loan, unless dealer sent a form which is different with all finance companies and the monies for pay off. I do know Honda, and the 1st owner must sign this Honda form allowing dealer to get paper. Dealer sends this form with dealership check to Honda Finance. Dealer when gets clear title from fiancé company and then files title with new lien at local county court house. Court house sends title forms to state to be processed. Normal time here another 6 weeks for state in Texas. Total normal process is about 2 1/2 months to get your new title when the original title held by finance company. When you buy new dealer just takes MCO to court house and files title with lien. This is about 6 week process from state. I paid in full the process is still dealer files with court house to sends to state, about 6 weeks.

Old, I think I'm gonna be sick bro ;-)

Florida does electronic titling(as Bob stated) so I'm hopeful the process is faster here. Once Florida gets the Lien release any Florida DMV office can print up a title. I need my NCX brothers to band together and our collective energy will make this happen this week...right??:confused:

Craig

Florida does electronic titling(as Bob stated) so I'm hopeful the process is faster here. Once Florida gets the Lien release any Florida DMV office can print up a title. I need my NCX brothers to band together and our collective energy will make this happen this week...right??:confused:

Craig

There is hope........................Texas is a separate country.:eek::eek::eek:..............not all states involve the court house and all the other steps mentioned.

Craig

Applying energy.. now. Oops, that was gas. Darn mexican food. Anyway, good luck with the purchase! :)

Lien release came through and Florida DMV printed title. Its ready for me to pick up!!!! Now once this Tropical depression clears I can go and get it!

Thanks for all the applied energies!

Craig

Applying energy.. now. Oops, that was gas. Darn mexican food. Anyway, good luck with the purchase! :)

Be careful applying the gas after Mexican food. You're liable to have some slippage and end up laying down some skid marks.

Back