• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another Belgian

wazowski

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

Time to introduce myself:
I'm Bart from Belgium and I bought a NC700XA. This will be my first bike (learners permit) an I will have it this Thursday :cool:

I will be using the bike mainly for commuting.
I actually prefer the looks of the S (love naked bikes, Speed Triple has to be my dream bike), I went for the X because I'm 6'4 and the S is just too low.

I already ordered the Rossocromo rear hugger, the Pyramid Extenda Fenda and white wheel striping.
Next are crash bobbins (GSG or Puig Pro) and the Akrapovic exhaust.

Crash bobbins and not bars, because I want to keep the bike small (no panniers, crashbars,...) so it's as close to the look of a naked bike as possible :)

I'm really counting down... :cool:

Yes, In Belgium you have to follow at least 6 hours rider training before you get a learners permit. I realize myself that I'm a total bike newbie and that I have to take it easy and build my riding skills step by step. I will first learn to walk before I will try to run ;)

Good. Always good to hear of new riders that take training. You shouldn't have any problem.

Here (at least when I got my license) you have to take a written test to get your permit. Once you hold that permit for a month (I think, been a long time) you could take a skills test on anything without pedals (scooters were fine). Then you had your license.

With the permit or license you could ride any bike (permit limited you to daytime, no passenger, and had to wear a helmet). With a license here you don't have to wear a helmet

She's home

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

A tight fit:

1.jpg

0 km's!!

6.jpg

The X was delivered today and I rode my first 36km :)

Nice and clean....for now.
:p

Your cheap dealer did not even top up the tank full? Come on, that's the basic here.
I even got a wax and tire-side gloss.

Good to read that you have begun your honeymoon with your new bike.

Yes, In Belgium you have to follow at least 6 hours rider training before you get a learners permit. I realize myself that I'm a total bike newbie and that I have to take it easy and build my riding skills step by step. I will first learn to walk before I will try to run ;)

Wazowski, welcome aboard!! I'm also a newbie. I have taken a Basic Rider Course twice, not because I didn't pass the rider evaluation the first time, but because it was more than 3 years since I first took the training course, and the insurance company is happier if the rider has taken the course within 3 years so you get a discount on the insurance rate. The final point of that is I wanted to refresh my experience before going into live traffic. So far, I've had a great time with it, and I'm enjoying it more every day. Good luck with your wheels...

Niiiiice. Thanks for posting the pics. Got you a Schuberth, and I see its color-matched to the bike! The bike looks very much at home. A pilot you are? I couldn't help but notice your keychain banner :)

Back