• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any recommendations for either a full or half motorcycle cover for when I travel?

ld_rider

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike has a touring screen and panniers (no top box) and would like ideas on either a half or full cover. Just something to keep the sun off it, doesn't have to be waterproof. EZ on and off and compact when packed would be great.
TIA

My bike has a touring screen and panniers (no top box) and would like ideas on either a half or full cover. Just something to keep the sun off it, doesn't have to be waterproof. EZ on and off and compact when packed would be great.
TIA

I have tried "Half Covers" before and they are not what they are cracked up to be. I am personally in the process of locating a "Full Cover" for NaNCy right now. I had an old Ultragard Classic cover that I used on my ST1300 several years ago, I saved it for awhile. When I got NaNCy, I started using it again. The cover was well used, ready for the "Trash". It fit her like a glove. A coworker offered me $5 for this worn out cover. I took the $5 for what was basically "Trash". Now I have to get one to replace it.

I'm looking at another Ultragard Classic Cover, however I'm thinking that I will need a "XL", because of the tall windshield and trunk. You might get around fine with a "L", if you do not have a trunk on the bike.

I have a Formosa cover I use every night at work, keeps the dew off so I don't have a wet seat in the morning. The extra large covers everything including the side and top cases: however the ultragard looks better. I did soak the cover in the Walmart brand scotch guard. Also!! use a paint pen to draw some arrows on the front center makes putting it on a breeze. I keep it folded like a accordion on the passenger seat under a net for easy use at work.
WP_20140516_07_42_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20140516_07_43_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20140516_07_44_05_Pro.jpg

One note I usually don't commute with the side cases just have them on for the pictures.

Last edited:
Also!! use a paint pen to draw some arrows on the front center makes putting it on a breeze.
Duh! I've been using an old half cover from my GL1800 and spend way, WAY too much time trying to figure out where the front and back are. I must look like an idiot spinning it around and around in the parking lot....Thanks!

The way Tapatalk cuts off long subject lines sometimes gives rather eye-catching results.

tenyvepu.jpg

I had to click, just out of curiosity what the hell the OP was going to do with half a motorcycle.

I've been using a $20 Walmart cover when I park at work. It is light, covers the bike, and is small when packed up. One lasts be about a year of parking at work before the sun kills it.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

I've got one of these and love it. It is the most convenient cover out there. Not a full cover but if you don't have to have a full cover this thing is awesome.

+1

Use my KwiKover daily at while at work and find it very convenient since it's attached to the bike at all times - roll it out to cover & roll it back to stow!

+1

Use my KwiKover daily at while at work and find it very convenient since it's attached to the bike at all times - roll it out to cover & roll it back to stow!

I think I'm buying this cover soon. I did not cover the bike last summer but think I will this year.

I have the Honda factory cover and it works great. It is designed to use all the factory Honda accessories including the touring screen and panniers and top box. It even has zippered access panels for the boxes so you can get into them without removing the cover. I don't think it would work with aftermarket panniers though, it is a tight fit on the factory ones. I have a Madstad screen and mirror extenders so the front is a little tight too.

From the discount online Honda parts dealers the price isn't too bad either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i'm using a cheap $20 car cover (#2) from walmart. it's a bit big. i think #1 would be better,but they don't have them at that time. covers whole bike with long puig screen just fine. in case of a rain-i put Plastic Drop Cloth (cost like $2) first and then cover on the top. work like a charm. cons-not small,but good enough for parking outside house.

Thanks for all the replies.....I ended up ordering a Nelson Riggs half-cover (!!)
I thought the Dow covers would be too bulky. I had one for my GL1800 and loved the quality (and warranty) but I'm looking for a really compact cover.

Thought about a Geza but too rich $$ for this cheap Yankee.

Not sure the KwiKover will reach over my 22 inch Vstream windscreen so I passed. Most pics showed it stretched pretty tight over smaller windscreens.

Ordered a Nelson Riggs for $28.00 delivered and will see how it works out. Not a lot of money so I thought I would give it a try.
Wasn't clear in my original post, but compact is the main priority and the cheap, flimsy Nelson Riggs might fit the bill :)

Last edited:
KwiKover all the way. You have to be a little inventive to install it because nc700 doesn't have a traditional pillion seat but it seems to work pretty well attached between the givi mono key plate and the oem rack. Any other ideas on how to attach the KwiKover?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does the Honda cover fold up small or is it a bit bulky when storing?
Good for traveling?

The Honda cover folds up nicely and easily fits in the supplied bag. I put mine in the frunk with my expanded tool kit, tire kit, rain jacket, mesh strap, flashlight, phone charger, duct tape, and a couple other things.

Back