• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anybody Buy a Bike Through Costco?

Sad - NO loyalty to your first contact, who offered a great deal. Let me get this straight. You then you try the local dealer, who attempts to rail you by nearly $3000 - but then comes down "after" you show him the better deal. Then they give you the shop preferential treatment lecture (which is B.S. - I've worked in Dealership shops for years) to strong arm you? After all is said and done, you give them the business (after they almost price matched only to save a sale). I feel for your first contact in MA - sounds like he was willing to go above and beyond.

I told the dealer in MA what I was up to and it didn't seem to bother him. He laughed out loud when I told him about the threat. I would have happily told the VT dealer where to go but my wife had the final say on where her car was coming from.

I went through Costco when I first started shopping for my NC700X. The Costco affiliated dealer here is one of the more respected Honda dealers in the area and the pre negotiated price was very competitive for a 2014. In fact the only dealer who gave me a better quote was one trying to move a 2013 and that is the one I ultimately went with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I purchased my new VW in Gaithersburg, MD, I asked about the Costco membership program, of which they were a participant, and the price matched the Edmunds.com 'fair market value' price I had on the printout in my pocket.

I love it when the ignorant spew nonsense about how bad a thing is. LOLOL!!

I've used Costco since 1990 for various auto purchases. I think a person can generally better the Costco deal by a couple to perhaps a few hundred dollars (on a car). However, it takes a BUNCH of fooling around. The very first car I bought was a Honda CRX. I went to my 'local' dealer, and they were jerks. Following that experience, I decided to contact Costco. Their dealer was further away, but they were extremely pleasant, straightforward, and great to deal with. Their price was $200 lower than I had offered the 'local' dealer. That first dealer called me back some days later, and negotiated truly desparately with me over the phone. They tried to get me to tell them where I was going to get the car, and I wouldn't. They called me back again to tell me they'd called a number of Honda dealers (they called them all by name) and 'verified' that none of them had the car I wanted; only they did. I still declined. Ultimately, they offered me the car for a hundred or two dollars less than the Costco price, but I stuck with the dealer who was up-front with me, and hadn't been asses.

Sounds like looking into, but I see it would cost me $55 a year for the privilege of shopping at a store that's 80 miles away, which just isn't going to happen. Does Costco sell over the Internet or just brick and mortar stores?

So I just picked a random product off the Costco Website (a Coleman tent) and it was $140. I look on Amazon and the same tent is $127 with free shipping, plus I wouldn't pay sales tax. So how does this work?

Last edited:
Shop 'til you drop!

So I just picked a random product off the Costco Website (a Coleman tent) and it was $140. I look on Amazon and the same tent is $127 with free shipping, plus I wouldn't pay sales tax. So how does this work?
It sounds as if the tent is not a good item to purchase at Costco. Plus we are talking about buying a bike at Costco which is probably a better deal. This is what we call shopping. You check around for the best price on the item you want to purchase. Nobody said that ALL of Costco's prices are the best. It appears that you would not be a good candidate to become a Costco Member. Better stick to your current method of shopping and stay satisfied and happy.
Good luck.

It sounds as if the tent is not a good item to purchase at Costco. Plus we are talking about buying a bike at Costco which is probably a better deal. This is what we call shopping. You check around for the best price on the item you want to purchase. Nobody said that ALL of Costco's prices are the best. It appears that you would not be a good candidate to become a Costco Member. Better stick to your current method of shopping and stay satisfied and happy.
Good luck.

You're probably right. When shop I compare all sources for the best deal and would not do well with a club type operation. Well anyway, when it comes time to buy a vehicle I will look into Costco and compare. It would be another shopping choice. A month ago I didn't even know they had a vehicle purchase program.

I looked at buying a bike a few years ago at Costco. It was MORE expensive to buy from then than to go through the dealer direct. Costco was automatically adding all dealer fees such as setup and delivery with no negotiation on the price. Dealer would negotiate if you bought directly from them instead of going through Costco. Price difference was considerable.

I looked at buying a bike a few years ago at Costco. It was MORE expensive to buy from then than to go through the dealer direct. Costco was automatically adding all dealer fees such as setup and delivery with no negotiation on the price. Dealer would negotiate if you bought directly from them instead of going through Costco. Price difference was considerable.
You must have gone to WalMart instead of Costco. You cannot buy an automobile, motorcycle or motor scooter at the Costco brick front in the United States. You can only purchase these items at a selling dealer.
Better check the buying instructions online at the Costco website, and go to the correct store front.
You have been mislead by a pretender!
Good luck!

Back