• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone with a Delkevic 18" Oval Carbon exhaust?

telecam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Looking for feedback on noise level on that baby. Looking for something that sounds nice but not load. Also, Delkevic carries various exhaust lengths, should I assume the shorter the noisiest?

Cheers.

Hello. Looking for feedback on noise level on that baby. Looking for something that sounds nice but not load. Also, Delkevic carries various exhaust lengths, should I assume the shorter the noisiest?

Cheers.

Yes , but I got the 18 inch polished steel oval and the quite insert ...

The mellow sound is deep and not too loud....love it....

The carbon pipe is only $ 250 and will sound sweet with the insert in...

The shorter mufflers are much louder...

Try this well made and great looking pipe...:cool:

H4h40zH.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 14" stubby stainless oval installed and couldn't be happier. Slightly louder than stock, has that low grumble that the stock had potential for, but more pronounced. It sounds like a motorcycle now without waking the neighbors or sounding it wants to be a Harley or sportbike....it just has character now. I went w/ the 14 because the bags I have mounted won't last as long as this can, and I wanted no issues down the road w/ clearance.NC RS2.jpg

Those are Nelson-Rigg SPRT-50 bags, took them off my Nighthawk and simply ran some independent straps from passenger peg to handle to keep them from sagging in...great bags, going on six years w/ em. They do have a lot of Vegas sun fade, but they are a hardened fabric so they hold shape nicely, etc....not expensive either, around 125.00.

So I went ahead and ordered/installed a Delkevic 18" Oval Carbon. Ordered it from Delkevic, shipped right away and was a breeze to install. It's a simple design but it blends nicely with my red NC700X. Sound is exactly what I was looking for, not loud at all, just add a bit of a growl and life to the bike. I thing the Delkevics are a really steel, the quality and craftmanship seems very good and the price ($250 for the 18" Carbon) is very competitive. I hesitated between the 14" (Stubby) and 18" but ended up choosing the 18" as I thought it would be softer a bit less loud but I could be wrong. Sorry for the last pic being horizontal, not sure how to correct this when posting. It displays properly on my computers...IMG_3148.jpgIMG_3147.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the last pic being horizontal, not sure how to correct this when posting. It displays properly on my computers...
Computer pics up tag with photo on orientation of camera or phone. That is lost sending to forum. I open the photo to edit then resave from editing and it changes the orientation for the forum.

Fuzzy, I tried reopening the vertical pic in Windows Photo Viewer and resave it but it still shows horizontal. Not sure what's the trick...

Best,

Just to get in idea, I also removed the baffle which is really easy to do, takes 1 min with an hex wrench. Although it definitely sounds louder it is actually quite a nice sound. I'll post comparative video clips soon.

Thierry.

Anyone with a Delkevic 18" Oval Carbon exhaust?

And for those who want to "hear" a bit more, here is a short video comparing 3 ways, NC700X stock pipe, Delkevic 18" Oval Carbon with and without the baffle. Even with the baffle removed, the Delkevic noise level is very acceptable, not obnoxiously loud at all. But I think I am going to stay with the baffle in for now, sounds a bit more sporty. Also, one interesting point is that the carbon fiber stays surprisingly cool, even after a long ride in hot weather, i can touch it by hand.

[video=youtube;x2b08o6wf6w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2b08o6wf6w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Enjoy!

Last edited:
And for those who want to "hear" a bit more, here is a shot video comparing 3 ways, NC700X stock pipe, Delkevic 18" Oval Carbon with and without the baffle. Even with the baffle removed, the Delkevic noise level is very acceptable, not obnoxiously loud at all. But I think I am going to stay with the baffle in for now, sounds a bit more sporty. Also, one interesting point is that the carbon fiber stays surprisingly cool, even after a long ride in hot weather, i can touch it by hand.

[video=youtube;x2b08o6wf6w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2b08o6wf6w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Enjoy!

I like the sound WITH the baffle installed.
Thanks for sharing.

And for those who want to "hear" a bit more, here is a short video comparing 3 ways, NC700X stock pipe, Delkevic 18" Oval Carbon with and without the baffle. Even with the baffle removed, the Delkevic noise level is very acceptable, not obnoxiously loud at all. But I think I am going to stay with the baffle in for now, sounds a bit more sporty. Also, one interesting point is that the carbon fiber stays surprisingly cool, even after a long ride in hot weather, i can touch it by hand.

Enjoy!

This pipe has the Center stand stop, right?......

Yes. It seems a bit high so the center stand (Honda oem) is sticking a bit up on the left side and slightly getting in the way of my left foot heel. Easy to fix by sticking a thicker rubber pad on the center stand stop.

Do you have side panniers ? and is there space enough with the 18" Delkevic ?

I dont know if I have to order the 14" or 18" I dont know if the 18" sticks to high and close to the side panniers, I have the OEM ones.

Back