• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Appalachian NC700X!

roborider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding off and on for 43 years and have owned and ridden over a dozen bikes including Hondas (400ss, CB750, CB700SC), Suzukis (TC185, PE250, VStrom 650 and 1000), Yamaha Virago, Kawasaki Concours and KLR650, and BMW K75C and R1150 GSA Adventure (which I just sold).

I've now added a 2012 NC700X to the list and from my initial ride, I really like it. It was already nicely accessorized with skid plate, luggage racks, heated grips, tall screen and after market seat. I've added Givi Trekkers, tank protectors and my GPS, and have bar risers and flashing brake light en route. I'm also planning on adding wider and lower footpegs and an Atlas Throttle Lock.

Looking forward to exploring the hundreds of miles of twisty Appalachia backroads and trails in southwest Virginia, NC, TN and KY!

4422a32bd5981355bc2abd14b91db81c.jpg

769ed93c26d8843275c2689a22b717ad.jpg

1be294c0f195b6ecfe54f42de0d2ef94.jpg

69ad3a183fe285c20554b08e7e1ba4f2.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking beast and welcome to the world of the NC700X.
Seems like you live in the perfect place to own one, twisty roads and dirt trails.

Welcome, and thanks for joining. You've got a great setup there, and you're living in motorcycle heaven there in the Appalachians.

Welcome! I really like how you outfitted your bike.

My family on my dad's side is from WV, and looks a lot like the background in your pic.

Thanks y'all! And yes, this IS motorcycling heaven. Went for a great ride today to Cripple Creek VA! 54 degrees and a perfect sunny day!

4cdc53b4b30791f5421b802ecf6fca12.jpg

22e1657d19d4d026a6289e81ea71672a.jpg

03a840f735dc9314deff1964418c6563.jpg

Roborider - NC700x - Southwest Virginia

robo, what's the red thing on the side of the frunk? A camera?

Beautiful pics, BTW. Keep 'em coming so we can do armchair rides in the winter.

I love your photos Roborider! I get to ride out your way on occasion. We have an annual ride over to"Willville" and the Tuggles gap Resturant has the best pie I have ever had!

Wow! Nicely equipped bike. What tires are you using and can you tell us about that rear mud flap?
Shinko 705's front and rear. They seem to do a good job so far on both pavement and gravel.

The rear fender extension was on it when I bought it, so can't help with info.

Just received two more farkles this week: Headlight protector from Powerbronze and offroad lower adjustable footpegs, and will get those mounted this weekend!

If the weather holds, I'll take another ride and post pics or a video. :)

For those interested, check out Google maps around Galax, Fries, Ivanhoe, Independence and Troutdale, Virginia. You'll see that this part of Virginia is full of crooked roads, rivers, mountains and streams. Fantastic motorcycling everywhere.

I love your photos Roborider! I get to ride out your way on occasion. We have an annual ride over to"Willville" and the Tuggles gap Resturant has the best pie I have ever had!
Agreed! Floyd and Willis are great areas, and Tuggles Gap is a great breakfast or lunch spot.

Heading south on the Blue Ridge Parkway to highway 18, I recommend trying Freemore's Eatery too! Great place and on Sunday afternoons the parking lot is full of bikes!

Back