• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Are there any rearset mods that can bring the footpeg and footbrake placement more forward?

16DCT

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to see if there's a way to get the placement of the footrests to be more forward on the bike to give it mid-controls instead of rear controls (dealing with knee pain after long rides). Obviously I would have to find a way to bring the foot brake lever forward as well. Do they sell entire rearsets with the brake lever included that can bring my feet significantly more forward on the bike?

Twisted Throttle (IIRC?) used to sell parts that would let you shift the pegs an inch or so, in pretty well whatever difrection you want. I don’t recall that they have replacements for the brake or shift pedals, though. The NCX already has more-or-less mid controls (not what I as a former sport bike rider would call rear-sets).

You could get a bunch of parts from a CTX and have forward controls. May be expensive unless you find them from a wrecker (including flea-bay). You could also just put (aftermarket) pegs forward on the frame. Wouldn’t give you a brake or shifter, though.

Nope. You can buy
Twisted Throttle (IIRC?) used to sell parts that would let you shift the pegs an inch or so, in pretty well whatever difrection you want. I don’t recall that they have replacements for the brake or shift pedals, though. The NCX already has more-or-less mid controls (not what I as a former sport bike rider would call rear-sets).

You could get a bunch of parts from a CTX and have forward controls. May be expensive unless you find them from a wrecker (including flea-bay). You could also just put (aftermarket) pegs forward on the frame. Wouldn’t give you a brake or shifter, though.
Yup. I bought the MFW Vario footpeg set to raise my pegs, but it has 360 degree adjustability, so they can be moved forward, backward, or lower, and everywhere in between. I bought a 30mm arm with my kit, but they offered one other option that was slightly longer. But I'm not aware of anything that relocates the brake lever. But as mentioned above, why not just put some forward pegs on it and stretch your legs out on those longer rides. It's actually very comfy. I have the Kuryakyn offset highway pegs on mine, just make sure you get the 1.35" clasps if that's what you go with.

Screenshot_20210603-074227_Gallery.jpg

I used the Vario pegs for a while until i moved to more off-road pegs. The 30mm Vario pegs were great for my knees. I used them positioned straight down. I was able to adjust the brake and shifter to work. You do lose some cornering lean angle with the drop. Foot was usually the first to touch which was surprising at first but I got used to it.

I use SW-Motech ION lowered footpegs, only 1 cm lower but it becomes a real change they are very wide and foot can rest comfortable Vs OEM thin footpegs
well designed in the way that instead of fully horizontal they are slightly lowered to the front and foot lies flat using all the surface of the peg
On long routes from time to time I rest on my Rayza engine protectors, just enough time to change position and alow blood circulation
Hope is useful
Bgds fm BCN

Attachments

• Pirineo 29MAR21 (4).jpg
    Pirineo 29MAR21 (4).jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: MZ5
I will look into some highway pegs but I'm mostly looking to do something about the stock pegs. I just feel like they're a little high and back, especially with the slope of the seat that pushes the rider forward. I wish the NC700X had the seating ergonomics of a Gold Wing or an Africa Twin lol. I have short legs (29" inseam) and I fit more comfortably on a massive Africa Twin than I do on my NC700X which I found odd. I guess for now I'll look into some adjustable footpegs that can lower the position about 1.5" and maybe bring them forward a bit.

I will look into some highway pegs but I'm mostly looking to do something about the stock pegs. I just feel like they're a little high and back, especially with the slope of the seat that pushes the rider forward. I wish the NC700X had the seating ergonomics of a Gold Wing or an Africa Twin lol. I have short legs (29" inseam) and I fit more comfortably on a massive Africa Twin than I do on my NC700X which I found odd. I guess for now I'll look into some adjustable footpegs that can lower the position about 1.5" and maybe bring them forward a bit.
Do the Seat Concepts seat and it will be flat and add about an inch of height, which will add an inch of distance between your bum and your foot. Effectively the same thing as lowering your pegs an inch. And be loads more comfortable than oem seat. And you can still lower pegs later if desired.

Back